Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger im 1., 2. und 3. SS-Panzerregiment und Großdeutschland » 8./SS-Panzerregiment 2 Das Reich » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 8.SS 42/43 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (3): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I thought about these guys:

It is also with the crew a bit puzzling cause on every photo you see one or more new face and on the next you see those new faces with others allready known from older photos etc. That´s another demonstration for rotation of many tankers in one and the same Tiger. May it is caused by injuries or leaves from the Front or so. Anyway, if you search for the tankers you will find allways the same faces on Tiger 801, 802 and S02.

example

Zitat:
Are you suggesting that #'s 801 and 802 are the same tank?

Yes, it should be the same tank.

http://www.tiif.de/thread.php?threadid=392&sid=

16.02.2011 13:57 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Thank you. So we have confirmed that these crewmen were from #801.

Previously we have matched crewmen between #'s 802 and S02.

But there is no listing for #802 in the gallery and the top pic below is displayed under #801.

Is the suggestion that #801 and #802 are matched by their crew in the two photos above or am I missing something?

Confusedly.

Chris

16.02.2011 16:05 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Thank you. So we have confirmed that these crewmen were from #801.

Previously we have matched crewmen between #'s 802 and S02.

But there is no listing for #802 in the gallery and the top pic below is displayed under #801.

Is the suggestion that #801 and #802 are matched by their crew in the two photos above or am I missing something?

Confusedly.

Chris

Also on your last two pics one crew man at least is the same here. It is the tanker named "Grupe" on the first pic he is the second right and on the second pic he is second left.

Schneider listed the crew for Tiger 801, 802 and S02 as:

Ratter (commander)
Haselböck
Hinrichsen
Grupe
Bläsing

The problem is he named them on every photo against the fact that there are obvisionly different people from pic to pic.

I guess you have not Schneiders "Tiger der Division Das Reich" in your library? All the pics are coming from that book including this one you set in question today. And Schneider gave this Tiger allready # 801.

Further more he tells a unit history story about Tiger 801. 801 was used by the new commander to demonstrate how usefull a Tiger could be also on a frozen river. But the Tiger was to heavy and broke through the ice and was filled up with water. After they towed him out of the water they have to send him back to germany main repair for a longer time.
The story goes on that the Kompanie command crew of 801 take over Tiger 802 and renumbered him to 801.

Now my version. I think the story of course is correct, but turret numbers in that story not.
We know photos of Tiger 800 and 801 from the first weeks in winter. These two were the initial command Tigers and a Tiger 802 not exsisted in that time. It must have been Tiger 800 who broke through the ice but not Tiger 801.

We have a photo of Tiger 802 in summer and that tell us that it was more likely Tiger 801 who was used then by the crew of Tiger 800 and he was renumbered later in summer to 802.

The summer pic of Tiger 802 shows the same crew this time as the later Tiger S02. It is only one known photo and may we don´t find a match between 802 to S02 or 802 to 801, but i think it is very unlikely that a Tiger 802 came out of the nothing. He is the former 801.

16.02.2011 18:27 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi again,

Sorry if it appears that I am dragging out this topic but I am still trying to match what is meant to have occurred with what we see in the photos.

You are correct to surmise that I do not have Schneider's "Tiger der Division Das Reich" in my library. Perhaps inconsistencies between it and his account in TICII are behind my confusion.

800 and 801 are referred to as 'command' tanks . I do not have a high resolution pic of #800 and cannot see whether it has the hull side aerial fitting of a Befehlstiger. Were either of the original two command tanks purpose-built Befehlstigers or were they field conversions (like I understand S02 was)?

After the sinking, do we know whether the company continued to operate with two Tigers in the command role or used just one? i.e. one was sent away, the remaining one was renumbered and either: only one Tiger was used in the command role or another Tiger was taken from a Zug to replace the one sent away (and possibly renumbered?).

You say the sunk Tiger was returned to Germany for long-term repair, whilst TICII says it went to Dnjepropetrowsk for depot-level repair. TICII does not list it as lost, so do we know if/when it was returned and what number it was likely to be given then?

Cheers,

Chris.

17.02.2011 13:21 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Why is this listed in the gallery as "801" ?

It has a reinforced mantlet, which "S02" does not.
The water on the ground beside it could be the same as we see by "841".

David

17.02.2011 18:59 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Hi again,

Sorry if it appears that I am dragging out this topic but I am still trying to match what is meant to have occurred with what we see in the photos.

You are correct to surmise that I do not have Schneider's "Tiger der Division Das Reich" in my library. Perhaps inconsistencies between it and his account in TICII are behind my confusion.

800 and 801 are referred to as 'command' tanks . I do not have a high resolution pic of #800 and cannot see whether it has the hull side aerial fitting of a Befehlstiger. Were either of the original two command tanks purpose-built Befehlstigers or were they field conversions (like I understand S02 was)?

After the sinking, do we know whether the company continued to operate with two Tigers in the command role or used just one? i.e. one was sent away, the remaining one was renumbered and either: only one Tiger was used in the command role or another Tiger was taken from a Zug to replace the one sent away (and possibly renumbered?).

You say the sunk Tiger was returned to Germany for long-term repair, whilst TICII says it went to Dnjepropetrowsk for depot-level repair. TICII does not list it as lost, so do we know if/when it was returned and what number it was likely to be given then?

Cheers,

Chris.

Tiger 800 was a Befehlswagen.

Schneider tells the Tiger was sent to main repair to Dnjepropetrowsk you are correct and it was not germany. Further more he tells the Tiger came back in summer, so yes, they use only one command Tiger in the time between. The fact that the take over 801 as command tank explains why this Tiger was pimped to a command version.

To me it seems very clear that Tiger 800 when it came back in summer was renumbered S01.
Tiger 800/S01 was not a Tiger from the delivery of new Tigers to DR cause he was an older version without spare tracks on turret etc.
S01 was a command version like Tiger 800.
Tiger 800 had a special solution for the rear mud flaps and we see it on S01 too.

Personly i have no doubt that Tiger 800 was in main repair, came back to the troops in summer in fresch painted base colour and was numbered to S01.

Schneider may confuses him self with the pics he knowed and talked allways from 801 and 802. But in fact he listed command Tigers 800 and 801 in vehicles list in TIC2 and that is correct in the end.

My problem here is that i not really understand who commanded the second command Tiger initialy and why. We see the commander of 801>801/802>S02 was "Ratter". But he wasn´t the commander of the Kompanie. When the Tiger 800 sunk into the river for eg, the commander of the Kompanie was "Herzig". What was the role/command of "Ratter" then?

17.02.2011 19:30 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von David Byrden
Why is this listed in the gallery as "801" ?

It has a reinforced mantlet, which "S02" does not.
The water on the ground beside it could be the same as we see by "841".

David

That could be an error. But i am not sure he have a rainforced.

17.02.2011 22:12 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Thanks for the explanation Hartmut, I think we're nearly getting there.

I am happy that 800 became S01 and that the Spring'43 802 became S02.

But if 800 was sent away and it's crew took over 801 as the command tank, why would 801 need renumbering to 801?

This photo from the barn shows the #1 to be both taller and darker than the 80, suggesting they were painted at different times. This is not a Befehlstiger, so is not 800 renumbered as 801. Could it be Schneider's 802 renumbered as 801?

Can't help with the role/command of "Ratter" I'm afraid.

Chris.

18.02.2011 01:57 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
But i am not sure he have a rainforced.

An enhancement brings it out. The size of the eyeholes is also suggestive of a reinforcement.

David

18.02.2011 12:07 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Thanks for the explanation Hartmut, I think we're nearly getting there.

I am happy that 800 became S01 and that the Spring'43 802 became S02.

But if 800 was sent away and it's crew took over 801 as the command tank, why would 801 need renumbering to 801?

This photo from the barn shows the #1 to be both taller and darker than the 80, suggesting they were painted at different times. This is not a Befehlstiger, so is not 800 renumbered as 801. Could it be Schneider's 802 renumbered as 801?

Can't help with the role/command of "Ratter" I'm afraid.

Chris.

I think this extra "1" looking turret number started all speculations. I bet Schneider thought the same, that this is a renumbered Tiger. And exactly that is the reason why he descibe the two Tigers here as fresh repainted in white because the original white wash was done.
You know, thats how it works, you have a theorie and for this theorie you bent the facts a little bit into your right direction.
The white wash repaint and renumbering story is nonsense if we determine these two Tigers are brand new in their original first winter white wash and their original fisrt turret numbers. I don´t know why they used different sizes of stencils for the turret number on 801. Or may he was erroneous numbered on the first day and then renumbered on the second day or whatever. But i am convinced that a renumbering from 802 to 801 never happend.

801 had no long range mounting cause he was not a command version. He was later reworked to a command version because the only command version Das Reich had on hand was Tiger 800. The fact that 801 had no long range mounting and a open MG hole in the mantelet are points for his history that he endet as Tiger S02.

Zitat:
This is not a Befehlstiger, so is not 800 renumbered as 801. Could it be Schneider's 802 renumbered as 801?

That would mean Das Reich had three command Tigers, 800, 801 and 802. Or they had 800 and 802.

I would not believe but you are free to follow that theorie.

18.02.2011 12:13 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Zitat:
But i am not sure he have a rainforced.

An enhancement brings it out. The size of the eyeholes is also suggestive of a reinforcement.

David

So do you think that is more likely Tiger 841?

18.02.2011 12:23 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

841 is the most likely candidate, but we don't know how many Tigers were sitting in that garage. I don't see any useful marks or features in the photo.

David

18.02.2011 13:01 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
841 is the most likely candidate, but we don't know how many Tigers were sitting in that garage. I don't see any useful marks or features in the photo.

David

Thank you, i take him to the not identified for the moment.

19.02.2011 09:25 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Continuing our saga on the command Tigers...

To summarise:

All three SSPR’s had ten Tigers each. Both 4./SSPR1 and 4./SSPR3 had only one Befehlstiger , the remaining Tigers being organised into 3 platoons with three each.

SSPR2 was organised differently, with one Befehlstiger, four platoons of two Tigers each and one Tiger being neither a Befehls nor within a platoon. This anomalous Tiger is the cause of our headache.

Initially there was Befehlstiger #800. In February 1943, it was joined by the surplus Tiger used by Ratter. This carried #801 though may initially have had a different number.

#800 was sunk and sent away for repair. #801 was converted to carry extra radios/aerials for the command role in place of #800.

#800 was returned and is seen in July 1943 renumbered #S01. #801 is renumbered as #802 in Spring 1943 and renumbered again to #S02 in July 1943.

At no time is there any evidence for there being three 'command' Tigers #’s 800, 801 and 802 simultaneously. The need for even two ‘command’ Tigers is rightly questioned.

There are a couple of queries still outstanding…

1. Do we know what date #800 was returned, this might help determine if it was given #S01 straightaway or had another number in the interim.

2. Why would we accept that #801 was renumbered to #802 in Spring 1943, but reject the supposed renumbering of #802 to #801 earlier? Seems an inconsistency of approach.

Chris.

19.02.2011 22:32 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown

2. Why would we accept that #801 was renumbered to #802 in Spring 1943, but reject the supposed renumbering of #802 to #801 earlier? Seems an inconsistency of approach.

Chris.

Command Tiger group of "Das Reich" had number 800 and 801.
I read several times that Panzer groups change numbering sytem for command vehicles cause the russians know allready that every vehicle with a "00" on the turret is a command vehicle and therefore a target no.1. I don´t know if that is the reason for a different numbering system in summer 43 but "Das Reich" changed the system.
The plan for summer 43 was probably to number the command Tiger 801 and 802 and thats the reason we see the 802 on former 801 and the awaitet old 800 was planed as the new 801. "Das Reich" paint new numbers on all Tigers just for one day when Himmler inspected the Kompanie. A good example for the renumbering marathon is Tiger "Tiki". "Tiki" was 812 but renumbered for a day to 833 and a day later to S34.
Probably "Das Reich" staff was convinced that these 8-hundret numbers were the solution for the next time. But then they get a new order to use S-number for heavy tank Kompanie.
So the new numbersystem with 801 and 802 changed into S01 and S02.
Another possibilty could be that the staff allready know they have to change turret numbers into S-number and they thought if they changed a Tiger 800 into a S00 it would not be a very serious number for a command Tiger.

19.02.2011 23:14 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

821 + 8xx Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Currently on ebay.de.

Unknown

Any suggestions to the identity of the second Tiger?

Links:
http://cgi.ebay.de/FOTO-PANZER-Panzer-VI...=item5642e77d77
http://cgi.ebay.de/FOTO-PANZER-TIGER-WIN...=item5642e77ee8

No connection with the seller.

Chris.

04.03.2011 11:02 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
chris quick
Mitglied

The first person (i think) is Hauptscharfuhrer Ott commander Tiger 802
Hauptscharfuhrer Ott

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von chris quick am 17.04.2011 12:48.

17.04.2011 12:47 chris quick ist offline Email an chris quick senden Beiträge von chris quick suchen Nehmen Sie chris quick in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

811 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

21.06.2011 10:58 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

83_? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

22.06.2011 09:32 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Nice pics, thank you for posting!

24.06.2011 06:05 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

832? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

In the gallery

Several matches to this one I posted previously.

Rob

22.07.2011 07:00 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Yes probably the same tank. Missing middle outer wheel on both Tigers.

22.07.2011 21:00 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

81? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Rob Fraser

12.09.2011 15:17 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Looks like 811.

12.09.2011 17:43 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

RE: 821 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Currently on ebay.de.

Chris.

Hi,
The above pic is still in the unidentified.
I'm quite certain it is '821'. It also shows that the Mickey Mouse was a cut out (not painted on the drivers plate) :

The stowage on the side hull is also the same as in this later pic of '821':

Grant.

31.10.2011 20:42 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Yes i see.......updated thanks.

What you mean with MM in a cutout? It is a figure fixed on the Tigers front right?

31.10.2011 20:51 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Zitat:
Yes i see.......updated thanks.

What you mean with MM in a cutout? It is a figure fixed on the Tigers front right?

Hi Hartmut,
This type of thing; it's a 1930's flat wooden toy:

I imagine the base of the toy was propped under the bar/handle(?) thats sitting in the shovel clamps:

Grant.

31.10.2011 23:47 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Thank you!

I wonder if that crew was political correct for german SS men at this time? Mickey was a enemy Mouse.......

01.11.2011 07:17 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Lippert

eventuell "S33"

22.12.2011 17:01 Mario Lippert ist offline Email an Mario Lippert senden Beiträge von Mario Lippert suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Lippert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Er hat einige Ähnlichkeiten mit S13.

22.12.2011 17:51 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Lippert

Ich bin nicht sicher mit der Zahl, "S13" oder "S33".

22.12.2011 18:37 Mario Lippert ist offline Email an Mario Lippert senden Beiträge von Mario Lippert suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Lippert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Die Turmnummer für sich sieht für mich auch aus als könnte es sowohl S33, als auch S13 sein.

Es sind für mich eher die Ähnlichkeiten wie die beschädigten Seitenschürzen und das vordere linke Schutzblech. Hinten links der zerdrückte Minenwerfer, oder auch scheinbare Übereinstimmung der Tarnung am Turm.

Ich hab da nichts Eindeutiges, aber vom Gefühl her erstmal S13.

22.12.2011 18:54 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

S13 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Mario
Thanks for sharing
For comparison.

23.12.2011 02:10 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

823 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

A while ago Ron Hetherington posted an analysis of Das Reich photos. He concluded that 'S24' had previously been '823' and included two photos of '823' which did not make it to the gallery.

This is an existing gallery photo

This photo from the Cazenove/Warnick Das Reich book is a match on skirt alignment and helmet slung beneath the smoke pots

This photo also from the Cazenove/Warnick book matches on the light camo patch beside the driver's visor and the broken(?) tool handle on the glacis.

This further photo from the Bundesarchiv matches on the camo stripes on the right hull and turret sides.

Chris.

08.02.2012 17:18 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Thank you! Is there any new photo for the gallery?

Ah ok, i got now. They are now in the todo folder thanks!

08.02.2012 17:31 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

possibly Tiger Das Reich Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Soldiers of the Wehrmacht near the tiger Division Reich?
On the box for the turret is visible cut-out in the style Reich Tiger?

Regards, Dmitry.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Dmitriy Novikov am 19.02.2012 14:56.

19.02.2012 14:55 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

841? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Is this DR Tiger?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ww2images/6...in/photostream/

I didn't see in the gallery.

19.03.2012 03:09 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Hi John, great find.
With this one you've also solved the ID of these two from the 'Nicht identifiziert' section:

Grant.

John's find; gallery size:

19.03.2012 08:49 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

822 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Here
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Panzer-Tiger...=item3a7a5e9417
No connection to the seller.

03.10.2012 09:22 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

841 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

New to the Gallery

Here
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...0972983202.html

05.11.2012 05:47 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (3): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 nächste »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: