Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.501/424 » RESEARCH SQUAD - TIGER 712 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
simon fuller
Gast

RESEARCH SQUAD - TIGER 712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi,

Just spotted the photo-study book by 'The Research Squad' is now showing as being published in November 2014 and shows a few pictures.

This one previously advertised to be published several years ago, but it did n't happen.
If you have the Panther book/dvd then you know what to expect.

Sounds like it will be an interesting read.

SF.

27.10.2014 13:20
Eldon Triggs

RE: RESEARCH SQUAD - TIGER 712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von simon fuller
Hi,

Just spotted the photo-study book by 'The Research Squad' is now showing as being published in November 2014 and shows a few pictures.

According to the website, they now say early 2015. I am really interested in this book as I am assisting in the restoration of 712 at Fort Benning.

14.03.2015 20:19 Eldon Triggs ist offline Email an Eldon Triggs senden Beiträge von Eldon Triggs suchen Nehmen Sie Eldon Triggs in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

Tiger 712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Eldon,

Can you pm me with any updated info on the restoration.

Alternatively, could you post it on this website.

Cheers,

Simon.

15.03.2015 12:02
simon fuller
Gast

712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Apology,

Forgot to add, I regularly ask Brian when the book will be published and as of two weeks ago I was again told they are doing the 'Research Squad' work as a hobby , whilst full time working at other things, so it's still not ready.

I can't get a date out of them and time keeps on marching along. It was announced as being published in 2011/12.

All I can get is that it will be published.

I've already 'eaten my hat' standing up for them against the critics, now, I'm not holding my breath.

Here's hoping we see the book.........one day.

SF.

15.03.2015 12:09
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I understand it like a book going around the History of Tiger 712.
The Tiger is still under restauration afaik. To me it seems logical that the book can´t be finished as long as the resauration of Tiger 712 is not finished.

15.03.2015 13:46 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This book is a photo study of 712 when it was with KW in the UK.
There was 'restoration' work carried out and very intimate access to all areas of the tank.
This was completed an age ago.

There has subsequently been 501st veteran input into the text of the book, enhancing the intended 'historical' text first intended.

The book has essentially been finished for a while now, but in 'proof reading' it there have been many errors found. These have to be rectified.

This is how I understand it.

There is absolutely no intent to include information about the current US storage or training usage of 712, from what I know of the book.

It sounds brilliant, as it did in 2012. Just frustrating it's taking the guys so long to do the finishing touches, but I do understand they want it to be right.

SF.

15.03.2015 18:46
Eldon Triggs

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
I understand it like a book going around the History of Tiger 712.
The Tiger is still under restauration afaik. To me it seems logical that the book can´t be finished as long as the resauration of Tiger 712 is not finished.

The restoration of 712 will take some time. The cutout sections will be left as is since that is a significant part of 712's history. The progress is slow, but very deliberate and exact.

28.06.2015 17:40 Eldon Triggs ist offline Email an Eldon Triggs senden Beiträge von Eldon Triggs suchen Nehmen Sie Eldon Triggs in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

Brian tells me today it's only the last 15 pages that need proof reading / sorting, then it's all done.

SF.

29.06.2015 17:23
David Byrden

The history of "712"... did they find evidence of its original number?

David

30.06.2015 13:44 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

Two options.

1. Ask Brian.

2. Wait for the book to see if this question is answered.

SF.

30.06.2015 16:25
simon fuller
Gast

This is a work in progress, but got off my arse and decided to do some research.

Obviously, this tank has a complicated history, but there is a consensus of opinion about turret number sequence. Will post when ready.

To answer the question. No, Research Squad have not identified the numbers, simply because the Yanks stripped all the paint, making this impossible.

Any clarification must come from period photos and any unit details available.

S.

09.07.2015 15:44
simon fuller
Gast

number/paint Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Just one correction to my previous comment.

Brian has confirmed the Americans ' added ' paint on top of the original, so it was later at Sinsheim the Germans removed all the paint layers................ with angle grinders.

SF.

10.08.2015 12:19
simon fuller
Gast

Research Squad 712 book. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Just a quick update.

From what Brian told me yesterday, this book is VERY close to being printed.

It's been a long time coming.........but having seen their other work and spoken regularly to Brian, I know it will have been worth the wait.

Can't recommend this book enough.

SF.

11.08.2015 15:39
Rob Fraser
Researcher

RE: Research Squad 712 book. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Just a quick update.

From what Brian told me yesterday, this book is VERY close to being printed.

It's been a long time coming.........but having seen their other work and spoken regularly to Brian, I know it will have been worth the wait.

Can't recommend this book enough.

SF.

It hasn't been printed, but you "Can't recommend this book enough"?
verwirrt

13.08.2015 03:53 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

YES Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

A little previous, I know, but having seen the other RS work, regularly spoken to Brian, and know / understand the hard work and dedication that has gone in to producing this particular book...........yes.

I'm not the first to comment with personal opinion before book publication. Not the last either.

As with everything in life, it is an opinion only, and nobody can be assertive enough to consider thier opinion to be the correct one.

It is for each of us to make our own decisions in life, I merely express my opinion based upon what I know.

You can take it, or leave it , as you wish.

S.

13.08.2015 09:33
Rob Fraser
Researcher

RE: YES Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
A little previous, I know, but having seen the other RS work, regularly spoken to Brian, and know / understand the hard work and dedication that has gone in to producing this particular book...........yes.

I'm not the first to comment with personal opinion before book publication. Not the last either.

As with everything in life, it is an opinion only, and nobody can be assertive enough to consider thier opinion to be the correct one.

It is for each of us to make our own decisions in life, I merely express my opinion based upon what I know.

You can take it, or leave it , as you wish.

S.

Opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Rob Fraser am 13.08.2015 12:16.

13.08.2015 12:06 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

No need to be offensive. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Implying I'm an arsehole simply demonstrates your own mental capacity.

S.

13.08.2015 17:27
simon fuller
Gast

By the way Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

If you wish to insult me, have the courtesy to private message me....................not on the www.

S.

13.08.2015 17:30
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Good news - the book on 712 has finally been released (digital to be followed by hardcopy).

THE RESEARCH SQUAD

06.10.2015 13:59 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: