Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.503 FHH » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 503 42/43 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (19): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 6 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

The leading Tiger here is 211

15.05.2010 09:25 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

RE: #III Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
This pic from an old e-auction is a match to the existing gallery pic of #III.

There is a discontinuation between the 2nd and 3rd skirts.

This further pic is also from an old e-auction and is probably also #III. The Co-axial MG opening appears to be plugged, indicating a Befehlswagen. The double weld marks on the bow were for track link stowage brackets, photos of #I show no track link stowage on the bow. The mantlet in not uparmoured, eliminating #II, and there is a shadow covering the gunner's sight - as cast by a rain visor - and the existing gallery pic of #III shows such a rain visor

Gallery Size:

Chris.

I don´t think we see here a Befehlswagen.

The MG hole is not plugged but the cloth cover is what we see here hanging down a lil.

I would like to give you another idea for this pic. I believe this is more likely Tiger 312.

Not much to go here but 312 on the flatcar show one of the holes/hits over the driver sight and the track link brackets are welded off too. And of course the spare track links on the LHS.

Sadly most of the damages are behind the tankers but from my good feeling this is the same tank.

Edit: Another side note.......I can´t remember where i read(Ledwoch maybe) that this Tiger had initial features like the initial front mudguards. I was stupid long time and i thought this is bs(thought that just part of the mudguard are missing), but now i realized this was not a miscaption and Tiger 312 had indeed initial mudflaps!!

15.05.2010 16:56 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Yet another good spot Hartmut.

Interestingly the new Trojca book has this one for 1.Kp.

Thanks,

Chris.

16.05.2010 00:04 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hartmut,

on the previous page, you put forward a strong suggestion for the Bundesarchiv photo to be a match to #313.

But the second Bundesarchiv photo does not have the toolbox on the engine deck. As the two photos in your comparison pic were not taken in the same location (foliage present /not present), does the presence of the box make a match?

Also, the bracket on the left arm of the Balkenkreuz seems to have the effect of shortening it compared with the right arm. But there does not seem to be a difference in length in the top photo.

What do you think?

Chris.

16.05.2010 00:53 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Hi Chris,

the box is there too on the second pic. It is just a different angle and we see only a small part of the top of the box.

The toolbox resting on this position alone makes no prove that this is the same tank. But the box on the same position and the hole in the same position would be too much accident.

The bracket welded into the Balkenkreuz is not visible in the photo but you know it dos not say it wasn´t there.

This is a close up made from a relative bad quality photo.

I would not give my right hand for that but if you note the condition of the side skirts on both pics.....................

16.05.2010 01:14 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Tiger 300

16.05.2010 09:37 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Tiger 331

16.05.2010 10:11 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Tiger 312

Again not much to go with but i think that is the back of Tiger 312.

16.05.2010 11:26 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Here on this Bundesarchiv pic we have Tiger 322 again.

18.05.2010 12:50 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

A photo from the old Culver book"Tiger in action". This is from the same known serie of 503 Tigers in the wood via Bundesarchiv.

It is another front view of Tiger 312. At this stage he had not all the damages like on the first pic but some. Interesting that he had no killrings on the main gun.

18.05.2010 17:22 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

321 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This pic is currently in the gallery as a 3.Kp unknown.

These are two further pics of the same scene, firstly from ‘The Combat History of Germany Heavy Tank Battalion 503’ and secondly from an old e-auction.

‘The Combat History of Germany Heavy Tank Battalion 503’ gives the turret number as ‘321’, the location as Tolkonoje woods and the date as June 1943. The same photo in the ‘Archive of Modern Conflict’ is marked with the date of September 1943.

The turret number in view is 32x, so this should be one of #’s 321, 322, 323 or 324. Existing gallery photos of all four show later hulls without the binocular driver’s scope, suggesting that there has been a change of turret/hull. The turret number is in the wide style as seen with 1.Kp, 2.Kp and early deliveries to 3.Kp, rather than the thinner style associated with 3.Kp replacements. #’s 321 and 322 have this wide style whilst #’s 323 and 324 have the later thin style.

This Tiger has an un-reinforced mantlet and rain shield as seen on #’s 321 and 324 but not on #’s 322 or 323. It also lacks the horseshoe seen on the driver’s plate of #322.

In addition, there seems to be a match in the markings around the turret number to gallery photos of #321, particularly the dark mark above the #3. All the evidence is consistent with the turret number given in ‘The Combat History of Germany Heavy Tank Battalion 503’.

Of interest in this photo is what appears to be a mounting for a Notek light at the top left of the bow plate. The item is visible in all three photos.

A quick scan of other Tigers of the battalion, suggests that this photo of #311 may also feature such a mounting, perhaps the same hull with a different turret?

Chris

18.05.2010 17:27 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Just in time i would say. I am just working on this Tiger 321 and will post more on the turret swapping thread soon.

W.Schneider gives 321 too to this Tiger.

BTW a small adition for the gallery:

18.05.2010 18:03 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

I am a bit confused now.......

look like i gave this to the gallery as Tiger 211.

But it seems to be a 311 and the features of the back didn´t fit 211.

I have no idea what Tiger that is........

19.05.2010 09:16 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

The Tiger behind 211 here

is the same as this one here

Are there any ideas wich Tiger that is?

19.05.2010 09:22 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

241 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Hartmut,
I'm pretty certain your mystery Tiger above is this one; '241':

There's plenty of matches, the most obvious being the missng top discharger on the left turret side:

Another '241' pic I came across:

Gallery size:

Grant.

19.05.2010 16:06 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Yes he was a candidate for me but i had no side view of 241.

Thank you!

19.05.2010 16:37 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:

The item on the glacis plate is the driver's seat support.

David

20.05.2010 09:49 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

Pic of rear of 241 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Here is a rear pic of 241

from Operation Overlord D-Day day by day by Anthony Hall published by Brown reference group. Page 94/95 center spread. Sorry for the quality I do not have a scanner and took a pic of the photo. The book gives no photo credits.
In the book you can clearly make out the 2 just could not get it to come through with the pic.
Allen

21.05.2010 20:01 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

In wich way this Tiger had something to do with "Operation Overlord D-Day day by day"?

23.05.2010 11:48 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

It didnt Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

The book basicly is a general history of world war II and discusses the war prior to D-day .
It has a lot of none d day photos.

24.05.2010 18:40 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

214 again Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This existing gallery pic shows #241 being recovered

On the right side of the turret appears to be a Tiger bin as well as the PzIII bin on the turret rear

This photo identified as #241 in Hartmut's post half a dozen posts above has two impacts by the gunner's sight.

The same impact marks and side bin appear in this photo from 'Tigers at the Front/Jentz'. The orientation of the tank is also suggestive of #241 in the top photo

This further photo (source unremembered) is a match on the side bin, missing skirt and missing flap.

Chris.

25.05.2010 23:24 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

The impact marks are the same on this Tiger too. So all in all it is the same turret we see.
But the hull of 241 seems to be changed/swapped in the later pics with Tiger 233 on his side.

26.05.2010 10:10 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

In this heavy retusched photo it seems a 3.Konpanie Tiger in the Background.

On the turret is a Balkenkreuz visible.

That Tiger reminds me a bit on Tiger 300 in a late stage of his service.

26.05.2010 21:28 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi Hartmut.

The background Tiger has the 'intermediate' mantlet with a large uparmoured flat face but #300 has the 'standard' shape reinforcement, so probably not a match.

3.Kp turrets with this type of mantlet are #'s 322, 323 & 333.

Chris.

27.05.2010 00:03 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Hi Hartmut.

The background Tiger has the 'intermediate' mantlet with a large uparmoured flat face but #300 has the 'standard' shape reinforcement, so probably not a match.

3.Kp turrets with this type of mantlet are #'s 322, 323 & 333.

Chris.

From position of Balkenkreuze etc. it is none of them. So i would guess it only look like a "non standard" mantlet because of the strong retusche work on the photo.

27.05.2010 06:21 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi again,

You could well be correct but it seems like the mantlet and hull side escaped the censor's work.

There are a few 3.Kp turrets where we do not know the mantlet type or could it be a Stabs Kompanie Tiger?

Chris

27.05.2010 14:33 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

#231 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

A couple of additions for the gallery.

Matches to this existing gallery pic are bent flap, bent skirt, C-shaped bar on bow and the couple of track links.

From the new Trojca book

From 'Tigers at the Front/Jentz'

Chris.

27.05.2010 22:41 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Column of 503 Tigers 3.Kompanie leaded by 323

29.05.2010 08:33 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

Dieses Bild vom Tiger 243 ist mir neu

Hier

11.06.2010 11:34 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

I would say this is 503......122 or 222?

From here

13.06.2010 18:27 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

Looks like christmas time

Frome here

15.06.2010 19:11 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

From here

and here

15.06.2010 19:16 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

Hier

It seems the same location and probably Tiger 121(or whatever) is behind him.

18.06.2010 05:55 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ebay

That is a very nice serie of photos from this seller!

holzwurm505

holzwurm505

22.06.2010 21:36 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
Ebay

Why is this 122, and not the first 123?

David

23.06.2010 12:30 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von David Byrden
Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
Ebay

Why is this 122, and not the first 123?

David

The bow of the "2" is not the same. Here on this Tiger the top bow of the "2" is nearly closed like a nine(2 and 9 were made with same stencil).

23.06.2010 12:36 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

I must explain; there were 2 distinct Tigers in the unit numbered "123".

So, I am talking of this one:

David

23.06.2010 12:51 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von David Byrden
I must explain; there were 2 distinct Tigers in the unit numbered "123".

So, I am talking of this one:

David

Ok, on this close up it looks similar, on the other early pics of 123 not.

23.06.2010 14:06 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Looking at these two photos, for #123 the gap between the 2nd and 3rd digits is wider than between the first two digits. Whilst recognising that the second photo is from a different angle, both gaps appear to be similar widths, suggesting we have two different turrets.

Also in the second pic the 3rd digit appears higher than the 2nd, whilst on #123 they are at the same height.

I would tend towards #122 rather than #123.

Chris.

23.06.2010 21:47 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

I've just noticed that the damaged tank has a pistol port where 121, 122 and 123 have hatches.

David

23.06.2010 21:56 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (19): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 6 nächste » ... letzte »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: