Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.502/511 » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 502 Mai43 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (7): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 6 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Grant,

The match found in the barn is new to me. Gallery Updated.

Interesting question you have raised about the deliberate removal of track hangers. I am not aware of a reason why this would be desirable, but it is possible I suppose.

If the policy was adopted it was soon discontinued as most 502 Tigers in this period do not seem to have been affected and the practice is not seen on mid-production Tigers.

Also from the examples, the practice does not seem to have been applied consistently.

#314 right side - both top and bottom brackets removed

#221 left side - only first three top and bottom brackets removed, other two remain. On the right side both top and bottom brackets remained

#II left side - bottom brackets removed but top brackets left in place

#324 right side - not sure whether the resolution shows they have been removed or not.

On the evidence I think it unlikely to have been deliberate practice to remove track hangers. What we are probably seeing is making safe (removal of sharp edges/ damaged fittings no longer able to serve intended purpose) following battle damage.

The question "With this in mind, maybe it's a bit hasty to rule out some Tigers as a match for Hartmut's unknown?" is a good reminder not to jump to quick conclusions. In this case reference to the four pics at the Archive of Modern Conflict suggests there is no evidence for brackets having been fitted.

Cheers,

Chris

23.09.2010 15:29 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Chris,
Yes you're right, I don't imagine this was any sort established policy.

It was the pic of 'II' with the guy on the deck wielding a sledge-hammer (pg124, Trojca's book), that got my imagination running.

I thought; 'if' this Tiger was immobalised and in it's position next to the building, they wouldn't be able to turn the turret to the 2 o'clock position to open the engine hatch.
So the options would be; tow it forwards (or backwards) or knock off a few of the left hand underside track hangers.

Again, I'm not trying to say this is what happened.
Just the workings of my late night imagination... Augen rollen

Best,
Grant

23.09.2010 18:35 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
the four pics at the Archive of Modern Conflict suggests there is no evidence for brackets having been fitted.

This Tiger has a loader's periscope:

Tigers with a periscope and without track hangars, were built in March/April.

The 502nd did not receive new Tigers until May.

I think this is a case of track hangar removal.

David

26.09.2010 00:10 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Grant Hall
Am I seeing things or is the turret roof missing?

No, there is something placed upon the roof. Also there is a wooden beam sitting on top of the mantlet.

David

26.09.2010 15:52 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

From two posts above....

Zitat:
This Tiger has a loader's periscope: Tigers with a periscope and without track hangars, were built in March/April. The 502nd did not receive new Tigers until May. I think this is a case of track hangar removal. David

Thanks David,

Presumably a March/April build date is too early for a May 18th delivery date?

This could help explain why we could find no match for this one. If at one time this turret had track hangers, #312 is looking like a possibility.

Any thoughts?

Chris.

26.09.2010 21:30 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

?12 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Robert Kraska posted on page 3 of this thread....

Zitat:

?12 no mudguards so it can`t be 312
Tschüss
Robert K.

As Robert says, gallery pics of #312 in Winter do show mudguards on the left side and a thorough whitewash as seen in this still from Critical Past

This further still from Critical Past matches Robert's photo and shows this is #312 too. The camo and absence of mudguards match this gallery photo.

Robert's pic also has a matching dent in the right side exhaust shield.

Robert was correct that this is #312, but from a different time hence the changed appearance.

Chris.

26.09.2010 22:02 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Andrzej Ditrich
Mitglied

Hello,

Intresting view with tiger from Gorky Park/Moscow

Brgds
Andrzej

11.10.2010 21:39 Andrzej Ditrich ist offline Email an Andrzej Ditrich senden Homepage von Andrzej Ditrich Beiträge von Andrzej Ditrich suchen Nehmen Sie Andrzej Ditrich in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

502 'early mids'? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi,
I was looking at this unidentified from the "ab Mei '43" gallery:

I noticed it has the final track cable lay out, mine dischargers and the track tool box.
(it also appears to have the water-tight plate in place on engine hatch vent).
So I'm thinking it's an 'early-ish mid'?

My question is: Did the 502 have any 'mids' from this production period?

It doesn't seem to correspond with the delivery dates in TIC1:
1st June '43 - 4 Tigers, and then nothing until 20th & 21st January '44...?

Grant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Grant Hall † am 07.12.2010 02:26.

07.12.2010 00:48 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Still from a film

A 502 Tiger(spare track holders) towing another.

09.12.2010 14:12 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

RE: 502 'early mids'? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Grant Hall
Hi,
I was looking at this unidentified from the "ab Mei '43" gallery:

My question is: Did the 502 have any 'mids' from this production period?

Grant.

This tank has C-hooks and S-mines, so it was built in September or October 1943.
Going by the paint, 505 are the most likely owners. I would rule out 502.

David

09.12.2010 23:40 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Thanks David.

With that in mind, it put doubts on this being a '502'?:

Can this one be dated? Zim and S-mine brackets :

The same Tiger:

...the same location. And the same camo style as the above post:

Grant.

10.12.2010 19:34 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Grant Hall

Can this one be dated? Zim and S-mine brackets :

The same Tiger:

Grant.

The first photo shows the wider slot in the turret vision ports, which puts us at July or later; and S-mine supports, which remained until October. So there's a 3 month period.

The second photo suggests there's no right-hand headlight, which narrows it down to August-October, but I can't be sure.

David

10.12.2010 20:19 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

332? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

From page 3:

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Hi Pascal,

Your suggestion that the pic four posts above was from 502 is correct. There is the characteristic large Balkenkreuz on the rear hull side

and the pic seems to be taken in the same location as this gallery 3.Kp unknown.

Can I ask the source of your pic?

Cheers,

Chris.

Concentrating on the second Tiger in the column:

.. it seems to have a few features in common with this image of '332':

For the most part; the crushed rear S-mine(1), the helmet on helmet hanging from the turret(2) and the missing left front mudgaurd and fender(3).
Plus a few other things. Too many to be a coincidence?

Grant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Grant Hall † am 11.12.2010 23:02.

11.12.2010 17:53 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

RE: 322? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Concentrating on the second Tiger in the column:

.. it seems to have a few features in common with this image of '322':

For the most part; the crushed rear S-mine(1), the helmet on helmet hanging from the turret(2) and the missing left front mudgaurd and fender(3).
Plus a few other things. Too many to be a coincidence?

Grant.

I agree with that this is 332 too. I guess you meant 332 but not 322.

11.12.2010 19:08 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

The leading Tiger is 301

11.12.2010 21:42 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

332 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Hartmut,
Yes indeed, I meant '332' not '322'. I've edited the post now.
Good spot with '301'.

Grant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Grant Hall † am 11.12.2010 23:11.

11.12.2010 23:05 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

This is a photo from Schneiders TIC1 in the 502 section.

It looks familar to me but i can´t recall what Tiger this could be. We see the turret where the 502 number should apear but there is no.

Soldiers of an SS unit are photographed together with that Tiger.

An idea anyone?

12.12.2010 11:43 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Video Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Grabs from new to me video on Youtube.

212 starts around 1'00"

231? starts around 1'35"

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py1FboiUeTk

Happy New Year to everyone.

Chris.

31.12.2010 12:10 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

231 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Chris,
I think you're right with '231'.
Though not the best angles to compare; the exhaust shrouds camo look the same:

Grant.

31.12.2010 14:40 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Blondel/Pascal
Gast

Tiger Nr. 312 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello

A new picture Tiger Nr. 312

Regards
Pascal

13.02.2011 13:48
Blondel/Pascal
Gast

Hi

To complete the gallery :
Tiger I Nr. 134

Regards Augenzwinkern

20.02.2011 17:49
Holger Erdmann
Collector

Hallo,

dieses Foto von Tiger Nr. 133 konnte ich nicht in der Galerie finden.

Quelle: Walther Hubatsch, Die 61. Infanterie Division 1939-1945, Dörfler Zeitgeschichte (ex Podzun Pallas).

Gruß,

Holger.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Holger Erdmann am 05.03.2011 01:07.

05.03.2011 01:07 Holger Erdmann ist offline Email an Holger Erdmann senden Homepage von Holger Erdmann Beiträge von Holger Erdmann suchen Nehmen Sie Holger Erdmann in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Thank you Holger, I have added the photo to the gallery,

Chris.

05.03.2011 02:38 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

114 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Currently on ebay.com

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Photo-ORIGINAL-...=item2eb4c33f69

No connection with the seller,

Chris.

24.04.2011 14:24 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

323 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Currently on ebay.de

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Photo-WW2-Tiger-Panze...=item4cf74df785

No connection with the seller.

Chris

19.05.2011 23:49 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

212? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This pic is currently in the gallery as #212

Compared with this pic of 212, there are a number of differences

The commander in the top pic appears to have a Spiess's cuff band, but the Spiess is not seen on other photos of 212.

Two questions..

1. Would the Spiess normally be associated with a particular turret number?

2. Any thoughts on the turret number of this Tiger?

Chris.

16.06.2011 00:40 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

One for Greg.....

Any suggestions on the Tiger nearest camera? In front of it is #301 then #312.

Link:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Panzer-VI-Ti...=item4841ed7cd7

Chris

06.09.2011 22:56 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

233? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

The seller has it as 233?

Auction here.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/orig-Foto-Panzerk...=item2a148027e3

No connection to the seller.

04.10.2011 01:22 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Currently on ebay.de.

Link:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/original-Foto-Tig...=item4ab14786b1

No connection with the seller,

Chris.

28.11.2011 10:58 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Holger Erdmann
Collector

Hallo allerseits.

Der Tiger I, der in der fünften Reihe der nicht identifizierten der 2. Kompanie zu finden ist (der, der mit der Schnauze im Schlamm eingesunken ist), ist der Tiger 224.
Im neuen Repairing the Panzers Band 2 ist diese Foto auf Seite 53 abgebildet. Man kann die Nummer gerade so erkennen. Dieser Panzer hat auf der rechten Fahrzeugseite nur noch zwei Nebelwurfbecher. Dies ist auch auf dem Foto des 224 erkennbar, dem rechts die Kette Fehlt. Möglicherweise verlor er die Kette bei der Bergung. Scheinbar wurde auch die Beschädigung des dritten Segments der Schürzen bei der Aktion verbeult.

Gruß,

Holger.

02.12.2011 00:41 Holger Erdmann ist offline Email an Holger Erdmann senden Homepage von Holger Erdmann Beiträge von Holger Erdmann suchen Nehmen Sie Holger Erdmann in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Thanks Holger,

Will update gallery,

Chris.

02.12.2011 22:34 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Other photos tiger 324 .

Sorry for the low quality photo.
Regards, Dmitry.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Dmitriy Novikov am 24.12.2011 15:10.

24.12.2011 15:07 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

In the gallery "502 ab Mai 1943", in section "Nicht identifiziert" on the photo-headquarters Tiger 502, Number I.

The following symptoms that define the...

Regards, Dmitry.

24.12.2011 16:38 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Thank you Dmitry,

Can I ask what makes this one #324?

Cheers,

Chris.

25.12.2011 12:30 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

You at the above photo - just a guess.

Regards, Dmitriy.

25.12.2011 16:42 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Rob Fraser
Researcher

123 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

New to me.

Here
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...atchlink:top:de

13.01.2012 03:03 Rob Fraser ist offline Email an Rob Fraser senden Beiträge von Rob Fraser suchen Nehmen Sie Rob Fraser in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

From the Russian archive referenced by Andrzej Ditrich

I

221?

Possibly 221 - because the archive also has this gallery photo of 221 in Leningrad towed by a KV hull

Link:
http://photoarchive.spb.ru:9090/www/show...ject=2513966938

Chris.

16.02.2012 22:30 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

The other two links;

http://photoarchive.spb.ru:9090/www/show...ject=2519683094

http://photoarchive.spb.ru:9090/www/show...ject=2513644224

David

16.02.2012 23:05 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

A while back Robert Kraska posted this grab of an unknown following #312.

The photo below is from Schneider's 'Les Tiger de la Totenkopf' book.

It matches Robert's photo on several points, notably the bent flap and skirts. Not sure it helps with an identity though.

Chris.

21.02.2012 01:37 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

more photos Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Dmitriy Novikov am 01.05.2014 20:22.

18.03.2012 15:12 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (7): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 6 nächste » ... letzte »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: