Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Fakten » Zahlen und Daten » s.Pz.Abt. 503 and 2./s.Pz.Abt. 502 with H.Gr. Don » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
John Winner
Expert

s.Pz.Abt. 503 and 2./s.Pz.Abt. 502 with H.Gr. Don Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I am currently going through the documents that I have pertaining to these two units while they were with Heeresgruppe Don. I only have Kriegstagesbuch H.Gr. Don Anlagen Band 4, Band 5 and Band 6. These cover the KTB supplements from Dec 15 1942 - Jan 12 1943. There seems to be some interesting reports on these 2 units, including some information not in TIC 1. I will have the information typed up and ready for you all in a day or two. I had to go through about 2100 pages of reports, some hand written. It has taken a bit of time and I hope you wil enjoy it.

If anyone has copiees of the actual KTB or later Anlagen, I would love to see them.

04.05.2012 12:49 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Here is the document:

I hope you all enjoy

08.05.2012 07:49 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

John,

The documents are most informative. The figure of 29 Tigers quoted for 27th December 1942 is presumably treating s.Pz.Abt. 503 and 2./s.Pz.Abt. 502 as a single entity already?

The effort you put in to researching original documentation is much appreciated.

Chris.

10.05.2012 00:36 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

I do not believe 2./502 was combined with 503 until 14 Jan, which, unfortunately, is not covered in the documents I have. Also in the beginning of the time covered a good number are still in transit to the front.

I do like going through these original documents, to bad I cannot afford to get any of my own, they cost $125 per roll from the NARA, so I have to rely on the goodness of others to put them up on the web. They are really a wealth of information.

10.05.2012 06:00 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: