Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.501/424 » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 501 Tunesien » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (13): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
John Winwood
Researcher

Is this the Aberdeen Tiger when part of 8th Ko.? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

An interesting Tiger is barely visible on the right side of the picture below. The port Feifel cleaner has been replaced by a strap to hold two fuel cans, the same as seen on Tiger 712. The Tiger also has late rear mudguards, only positively confirmed on one other Tiger - Tiger #833 destroyed at Beja.

Source: http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewtopic....er=asc&start=15

This is a Bundesarchiv photo which is frequently published in Panzer III books, but the Tiger is usually cropped out.

The Tiger 712 photo on this page shows the modified strap on the port rear side.
http://www.752ndtank.com/GermanWrecks.html

29.11.2009 07:59 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

That is a mystery Tiger!

These features are visible on this tank.

1.He was not an initial but an early prod. Tiger.

2.He was modified with a rack for two Benzinkanister in place of the left Feifel.

3.He was modified with an extra box fixed on the side of the standard turret bin.

4.The last digit of its turret number was "1".

I think the most interesting point for an possible identification is the extra box on the left side of the bin. This box was not in the style we allready no from Tiger 813, 823, 712 etc.

29.11.2009 09:30 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

712 had both 1 and 2 piece side mud guards over the tracks and the production style ones over the sprockets.

It could be 01, 211, 221 or maybe 241. Did we ever see the rear of 241?

Last time we looked at this photo I surmised that it's 712 before renumbering.

Do we know the date of the photo or where taken?

James

01.12.2009 00:04 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
John Winwood
Researcher

Zitat:
Original von James Burns
Do we know the date of the photo or where taken?

Around Sidi Nsir during the fighting at the end of February/early March.

01.12.2009 19:20 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

Tiger behind armored car Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello Guys
I belive the tiger behind the Sdkfz 231 is the upturned tiger from Beja.
I have the squadron afrika korps book and looke at the photo with the magnifiying glass and you can just make out what appears to be two hit repairs under the sight on the mantlet.
That match that tiger that in my belief is 111.
Allen

01.12.2009 20:40 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Another pic from the 504 section on this website....

http://www.afrikakorps.org/sPA504.htm

We see a Tiger of 1.Kompanie of 501 again here.

To me it seems to be Tiger 131. His LHS mud flap is gone here and the modified headlight too.

Later the mud flap was replaced by a metal sheet made by the Instandsetzung.

01.12.2009 22:26 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Is 82x = 821? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

From the different mantlet style, it appears that 82x is not 823.

- john
http://www.LoneSentry.com/

05.12.2009 18:54 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Im not familar with that pic of 82?..........

05.12.2009 20:12 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Me niether!

James

08.12.2009 00:03 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
John Winwood
Researcher

p. 21 of Vanguard Tiger I by Jentz Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Let me try this link to Google books:
http://books.google.com/books?id=NddJk1O...ompanie&f=false

08.12.2009 03:23 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Note......

So the italien tank wreck is direktly behind the Tiger.

08.12.2009 11:59 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Lippert

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail
Hello John
I think that it is just a play of light and shadow in the two photos.
The operational 82? has narrow hull cross, 1st comp mod front fenders, and small box on right side onf stowage box. Also the 2 is larger than the 8 and no lower front hull track.
The wreck 823 has small hull crosses, 1st comp mod front fenders, small box on right side of stowage box. The 2 is larger than the 8 and 3. and no lower front hull track.
The only front view of the wreck to compare with the non wreck view is too washed out to compare the two front plate stains and marks and the batt tiger.
I still belive that they are still one and the same tank.
The pic of the operational 823 is in jentz's kampf and tatics and alos resteyns tiger 1 on the western front.
Allen

08.12.2009 17:50 Mario Lippert ist offline Email an Mario Lippert senden Beiträge von Mario Lippert suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Lippert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Road to Sidi Nsir Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
So the italien tank wreck is direktly behind the Tiger

I think the jeep may have actually been pulled forward between the two photos. These photos are part of a whole series of BA photos taken along the road to Sidi Nsir. The prominent hill in the background is definitely Hill 609. I'm been trying to get a blog post put together on the photos, but have not had time.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von John Winwood am 08.12.2009 18:03.

08.12.2009 18:00 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

To me it seems that the jeep is on the same position. The angle could be a bit tricky but if you look at the stone arrangement on the road side.....

08.12.2009 18:32 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Jens Müller
Expert

Ich denke das ist ein identischer Schnappschuss in Farbe:

08.12.2009 19:42 Jens Müller ist offline Email an Jens Müller senden Homepage von Jens Müller Beiträge von Jens Müller suchen Nehmen Sie Jens Müller in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Good point - it does look like the same rocks. Would the front of the Italien vehicle be visible over the rocks?

08.12.2009 19:44 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

If the photographer were standing in the same higher position as in the other photo i would too think the wreck should be noticeable. But this shot was obvisionly made in a lower position and the wreck is behind the small wall of stones and the Tiger.

Zum Farbfoto des italienischen Panzerwracks:

Ich bin immer wieder erstaunt über die teilweise brilliante Qualität so mancher Fotos aus dem Krieg.

08.12.2009 19:58 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Jens Müller
Expert

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.p...32930&start=540

Hier nochmal ein anderer, der auch vom gleichen Ort ausgeht. Augenzwinkern

08.12.2009 21:13 Jens Müller ist offline Email an Jens Müller senden Homepage von Jens Müller Beiträge von Jens Müller suchen Nehmen Sie Jens Müller in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

Two Observations Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello Everyone
I have an observation about the tiger beside the panzer 3 with the mod rack on the rear deck. Sorry I have not figured out posting pics here yet but will try to explain.
This tiger also has a standard rear fender. So could this possibly be a 1/504 tiger.
I also have a possible id for Chris Browns post on page one 122? The unid tiger with the sdkfz 10 following. I believe this tiger is 142 not 122 as previsouly discussed.
Check out the broken tow cable above the top of the halftrack and right above the last side skirt.
Compare this with the pic of the motorcycle beside 142 and you can see a broken frayed tow cable right above the last skirt.
Hope this helps
Allen

09.12.2009 19:21 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

142 it is Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Good spot Allen.

These photos confirm your match.

Chris.

10.12.2009 10:42 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Another point Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

There's another identifying feature of these tanks that nobody has mentioned.
Some of them have their track toolbox supported by simple metal strips. In these ones the toolbox looks like it will fall off.
Others have the correct storage frame for the toolbox:

Both the mystery Tiger in the first photo, and the "APG" museum Tiger, have this frame.

David

10.12.2009 14:30 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

7.Kompanie at Sidi Nsir and Beja? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I would like to propose that the 1.Ko. was not renumbered in time for Sidi Nsir and Beja,
but instead remained in 1.Ko. tactical numbers. And, that these photos are all from that attack
due to the mud, battle damage, and background terrain.

142 turret was not renumbered since it is seen in the Tiger graveyard at Beja:

- john

13.12.2009 05:10 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Probably Tigers with turret number 7XX and Tigers with 8XX were never seen together.

The 2./501 stoped existing after Beja and the rest of the tanks were renumbered together with the tanks of the 1./501 to the 7.Kompanie of the 10.Panzerdivision.

We know Tiger 712 was an ex 2./501/8./10.PD and we know Tiger 731 was an ex 2./501.

We saw photos of Tiger 724, 712, 731 and 732 after Beja. The turret numbers suggest that there were more than these four Tigers in the 7.Kompanie but probably the rest were Panzer IV and Panzer III?

13.12.2009 10:06 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

731 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I believe 731 was a 1/501 tiger and not a 2/501.
The tank has recieved 2nd company mods of track beside drivers visor and hull mg but . It has the 1st company hull cross and sight blade thing on the turret. I have been trying to id this tiger and think it may be either 141 or 131 due to hull cross but am not 100% certain. What do you guys think?
I have been studying and going over photos of 501 tanks in tunisia and thought I would post my theory so far and see what you guys think.
I have a theoy on 2nd comp tanks below is what I have come up with so far.
200 no pic or id
211 no pic or id
213 possible 813
221,821 then finally 712
223 possible 823
231 ko’d on robaa road by AT guns
233 possible 833
241 possible target Hull

Possible unidentified pic ids.
The photo of the guy in hat talking to arab man with guy in background hands on hips with jerrycan at his feet.
Camo net barrel. I believe this is 132 the soldier in the track changing picture looks very simalar.

Picture with guys in front of tank near trees and camel in forground. I believe this is 141 The short stocky guy looks like the crewman in fron of 141 during engine change.

Allen

15.12.2009 00:04 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

RE: 731 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail
I believe 731 was a 1/501 tiger and not a 2/501.
The tank has recieved 2nd company mods of track beside drivers visor and hull mg but . It has the 1st company hull cross and sight blade thing on the turret. I have been trying to id this tiger and think it may be either 141 or 131 due to hull cross but am not 100% certain. What do you guys think?

Allen

I agree! Tiger 731 was Tiger 131 and for an unknown reason they modified him just with spare track metal straps like the Tigers of the 2./501. I compared the pics of 131 and 731 and found enough similaries to be sure that it was the same Tiger.

On some of the pics of Tiger 131 we can see clearly the welding marks where they modified the Tiger with side skirts in Italy. The same welding marks can be seen on 731.

Also as you said the Balkenkreuz is in a very same size and position. The part "31" of the turret number is very probably not renumbered and was on the same position and in the same style as on 131.

On the next comparision we can see this trace of the headlights cable(probably a painting trace) on the LHS front plate and there is also the same impact futher down on the front.

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail

241 possible target Hull

Allen

Here also i agree. The shooting test were made on the hull from Tiger 241. Still a mistery to me why he was with transport tracks.

Tiger 241 had a dark painted area under the Balkenkreuz. It looks like there was a Balkenkreuz in the style and size of an 1./501 Tiger before, but then overpainted and completed with a Balkenkreuz in style and size of the 2./501.

The second point is the handwroted name on the front middle. In this earlier pics from the shooting test was the middle of the front plate not penetrated and the name in white is still visible(more or less).

Here we can see that the stalking Tiger is in exactly the same position. Also there is an impact on the very same position wich should make sure this is the same Tiger.

15.12.2009 11:44 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

RE: 731 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Interesting observation on the side-skirts welding marks. 732 seems to have the same welding marks as 132. Note, additional parts were welded to the starboard side of 732.

Why does the 731 appear to be too far back on the turret side?

15.12.2009 18:32 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

There may have been plans to ship 241 back for repairs or they used it for parts, swapping out the tracks so other Tigers could use them and leaving the transport tracks on so they could move it around.

James

15.12.2009 19:20 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Allen Dail
Expert

re 731 and 241 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Great work Hartmut. I need to learn how to post pics with my post.
Your observations about the ghost weld marks and headlight cable are great. I did not even spot those. I was going on the location of the hull cross and other features.
Your close scan of 241 front plate really confirms the target hull .
Great spot on the name and hit by the drivers visor as well.

15.12.2009 19:50 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Looks like 241 also had one of those running man figures just under the name like 142 had on its turret too.

James

15.12.2009 20:01 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

RE: re 731 and 241 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail
Great work Hartmut. I need to learn how to post pics with my post.
Your observations about the ghost weld marks and headlight cable are great. I did not even spot those. I was going on the location of the hull cross and other features.
Your close scan of 241 front plate really confirms the target hull .
Great spot on the name and hit by the drivers visor as well.

It was your work!.......I just show it with the pics.....

19.12.2009 22:33 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Tiger on road to Sidi Nsir Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

From CEGES/SOMA - search for image number 190570:
http://www.cegesoma.be/cms/catalogue_en.php

http://pallas.cegesoma.be/pallas/servlet/gisc?vn=190570

This is taken on the road to Sidi Nsir. The background is where the photographs of the Panzer IVs firing over the ridge were taken.

-john

21.12.2009 23:48 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Greg Del Nero
Mitglied

Tiger 241 name? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello my friends

For 20,000 bonus points, can anyone read the name painted on Tiger 241? It looks like 6 letters, but I could be wrong. "Janisy"?

Greg

22.12.2009 05:39 Greg Del Nero ist offline Email an Greg Del Nero senden Beiträge von Greg Del Nero suchen Nehmen Sie Greg Del Nero in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

RE: Tiger on road to Sidi Nsir Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von John Winwood

This is taken on the road to Sidi Nsir. The background is where the photographs of the Panzer IVs firing over the ridge were taken.

-john

Do we have the pics of firing Panzer IVs somewhere here on the board? I don´t know wich photos you meant........

22.12.2009 10:27 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

RE: Tiger on road to Sidi Nsir Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Zitat:

-john

Do we have the pics of firing Panzer IVs somewhere here on the board? I don´t know wich photos you meant........

I don't think the Panzer IV pictures have been posted here, but the pictures are in a lot of the books on the Panzer IV or books on the fighting in Tunisia.

22.12.2009 22:11 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Map of Sidi Nsir and Hunt's Gap Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Posted a map from The Royal Hampshire Regiment over on my blog showing fighting around Sidi Nsir and Hunt's Gap:
http://www.lonesentry.com/blog/sidi-nsir-and-hunts-gap.html

23.12.2009 20:10 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

I have scaned my hd for those firing Panzer IV, but without success. But i found some other Panzers of the 10PD/7.Reg. on the same place on that road.

Here behind the SKfz.250 should rest the semovente

This should be the same Panzer IV as the one in the foreground

25.12.2009 01:05 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
732 seems to have the same welding marks as 132. Note, additional parts were welded to the starboard side of 732.

I didn´t find a good point that Tiger 132 was renumbered to 732. The "32" seems to be in the very same position, but actually this is all. With these two photos we know of 732 i can´t see similar side skirt welding marks( only with a bit phantasie).

Personly i think Tiger 111 is the hottest candidate for renumbered to 732.

28.12.2009 00:42 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Tiger 141:

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail
Picture with guys in front of tank near trees and camel in forground. I believe this is 141 The short stocky guy looks like the crewman in fron of 141 during engine change.

Allen

One more time i have to agree! Actually i don´t know wich person from the engine change pics you meant, but may on the end i close the circle with that person.......

The Tigers of 501 carried allways some stuff on the turret and specialy on the smoke candle chargers. But 141 was the only one who carried a bag on the left side and a bag on the right side under the smoke chargers.

A comparision of these two photos dosn´t come up with much, but some similaries are visible.

More interesting is the bag and the waterbottle on the turret. Was seen on no other Tiger of 1./501.

Some time ago there was a research in another forum about a veteran of 501. The veteran was driver in a Tiger and he was in a Tiger without the first frontwheel. Photos of the veteran and the Tiger were shown in the forum.

Tiger 141 was the only one wich were seen many times without the frontwheel on the left side and on the right side. On other photos the frontwheel lacks rubber.

This is the photo of the veterans Tiger:

Hes missing the left frontwheel and if you look on all 141 engine change pics, you will see hes missing the left frontwheel too.

And he carries a bag on the left turret side

In the other forum were some photos of the veteran posted and to me it look like the same person.

Left and right veteran photos and the middle is from the top photo in this post.

28.12.2009 12:25 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Tiger 141 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Tiger 141:

Yes -- a match for 141. Good eye.

29.12.2009 02:11 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

RE: 731 and 732 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Zitat:
732 seems to have the same welding marks as 132. Note, additional parts were welded to the starboard side of 732.

I didn´t find a good point that Tiger 132 was renumbered to 732. The "32" seems to be in the very same position, but actually this is all. With these two photos we know of 732 i can´t see similar side skirt welding marks( only with a bit phantasie).
Personly i think Tiger 111 is the hottest candidate for renumbered to 732.

The weld marks seem to match 132 and possibly 122?

29.12.2009 03:12 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (13): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 nächste » ... letzte »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: