Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.501/424 » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 501 Tunesien » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (13): [1] 2 3 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Ergänzung zur Gallerie 501 Tunesien Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hier können Bilder als Vorschläge zur Ergänzung der Galerie gepostet werden. Wenn sich Bilder nicht sebst erklären(durch Turmnummer z.B.) dann bitte weitere Informationen geben die die Zugehörigkeit zur Einheit belegen.

Here you can post pics to complete galerie. If the image dosn´t show automaticly(turret number etc.) that the Tiger belonged to this unit, please make plausible why it should be belonged to it.

16.03.2008 16:11 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Greg Del Nero
Mitglied

Tiger 142 harbor photos Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Hartmut and James

I just recieved the original photos in the mail for the new Tiger 142 harbor photos. They are incredible.
Several of the photos are captioned as Palermo, December 1942. However, this does not look like Palermo harbor. Do you think it might be Bizerte instead? If so, why? Do you see any landmarks on the photo that proves its location? I know of no evidence that proves 1.Kompanie Tigers were diverted to Sicily from Reggio.
The captions seem to indicate that Tiger 142 is being loaded onto the ferry. I guess it's impossible to tell if the Tiger is being loaded or unloaded. What do you think?

Mfg

Greg

07.04.2008 04:35 Greg Del Nero ist offline Email an Greg Del Nero senden Beiträge von Greg Del Nero suchen Nehmen Sie Greg Del Nero in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Greg,

from my point of view it is not impossible to say if the Tiger was unloaded or loaded.

Look here

This type of ferry had a narrow loading space....how could move the driver the Tiger backwards onto the ferry?...Its impossible for the driver to see exactly the way he move backwards if he had no helpers...he would need a minimum of to persons standing outside the Tiger to show him the direction...one in the back to give signs and one in front to show these signs to the driver...but the image show no persons to do this so i am sure hes driving forward and leave the ferry.

We see all modification are done on the Tiger and these modification were done just before the Tigers were shipped to Tunesia...so in my opinion this should be the unloading scene in Bizerta

07.04.2008 21:37 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Greg Del Nero
Mitglied

Tiger 142 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hallo Hartmut!

What you say makes perfect sense. I think that you are right, the Tiger is unloading. Imagine how hard it must have been to load the Tiger onto the ferry. It must have backed in, as there is only one way to load on the ferry.

Was Sie sagen, hat vollkommenen Sinn. Ich denke, dass Sie recht haben, wird der Tiger ausgeladen. Stellen Sie sich vor, wie hart es gewesen sein muss, den Tiger auf das Fährschiff zu laden. Es muss sich darin rückwärts bewegt haben, wie es nur eine Weise gibt, auf dem Fährschiff zu laden.

Grüße

Greg

09.04.2008 21:29 Greg Del Nero ist offline Email an Greg Del Nero senden Beiträge von Greg Del Nero suchen Nehmen Sie Greg Del Nero in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Gallery Additions Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Fallingbostel

A few more pics of 112 in transit

131 or 132
Poor quality pic

Unknown 1.Kp

Unknown 2.Kp

10PD
A different angle

In foreground with 833 behind at 'Tigergrab bei Beja 1'

833 'Tigergrab bei Beja 1'
From Steelmasters Hors Series on Initial Tigers

Chris.

20.04.2008 12:07 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Chris,

some interesting pics again thanks!

This one should be Tiger 131 same place and time

and this one should be Tiger 724(former 112)

I think this is also Tiger 131 but not 132....what you think?...the right front mudflap looks more like 131

Do you have a better/bigger scan of this one?....im interested in the Tiger in the background

21.04.2008 10:13 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

132 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hartmut,

Thanks for the identifications on 131 and 724.

Hope you can identify this one too. The caption is that it was taken during Operation Eilbote if this helps.

This is the other pic you queried.

Chris.

21.04.2008 11:28 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

I agree, there is more slack on bottom of sprocket which would indicate forward movement. Crew on Ferry seem to me to be in position of watching it leave.

Thank you for posting additional photographs Chris!

Good to hear from you Greg and Hartmut!

James

22.04.2008 06:47 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Allen Dail
Expert

The Tiger behind 132 in above post Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello everyone.
I want to say great site to Hartmut and the team here.
I think the tank behind 132 in the above post is 131.If you look at the pics of 131 in the 501 tunisian galley the middle picture on the bottom with all the guys standing in from of 131.The view and trees are really similar to the above view .That is what leads me to believe this is the tank in the background.
Alllen

24.04.2008 22:54 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

You're right Allen. The markings and position of the cross confirm that it is 131. Great call!

James

25.04.2008 07:33 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Yes agree!

Thanks for the post

The Trees are the same and the wooden pole in front should be enough confirm 131

25.04.2008 10:40 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Alexander Gerlach
Expert

731 "Norbert" Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

We have in gallery "Nicht identifiziert" section this photos:

but... we don't have this photo, i think essential for identity 731 from sPzAbt 501Augenzwinkern

We can see down part of 731 turret number.
----------
some compares with photo from gallery:

Cheers

25.04.2008 21:18 Alexander Gerlach ist offline Email an Alexander Gerlach senden Beiträge von Alexander Gerlach suchen Nehmen Sie Alexander Gerlach in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

I agree Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I thoght that this was 731 but I could not scan the photos the missing right rear skirt is the give away and the grab handle ont he front.
I also think that this is Norbert.
But their are no pictures of the left side of the turret except the extreme close up of norbert and a 7
llen

26.04.2008 09:06 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Long time i have waiting for this "key pic" to 731....thank you very much for posting this Alexander

26.04.2008 09:12 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Alexander Gerlach
Expert

No problem, always glad to helpAugenzwinkern

some more arguments for "731":

- opened driver hatch
- flat terrain in background
- mantlet in the same position
- not typical signs of damage (oil? after hit in engine?)

Cheers,

26.04.2008 09:25 Alexander Gerlach ist offline Email an Alexander Gerlach senden Beiträge von Alexander Gerlach suchen Nehmen Sie Alexander Gerlach in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Alexander Gerlach
Expert

Third to serie:

Turret numbers not visible unglücklich

Note that the censor(?) removed information on road sign.

---
Cheers

11.05.2008 16:43 Alexander Gerlach ist offline Email an Alexander Gerlach senden Beiträge von Alexander Gerlach suchen Nehmen Sie Alexander Gerlach in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

There are other versions of this photo where you can make out the first 2 numbers, they appear to be "22X". That would make it 221 or 223 which could have been the 823 that was destroyed with 833.

James

12.05.2008 23:08 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

122? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This Tiger seems to share an impact mark on the front plate with #122 already in the gallery.

Edit: The more I look at this pic the less certain I am that the marks are aligned. Maybe it's an unknown instead?

Chris.

28.05.2008 00:03 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

I originally had this pictured tagged for the 112. On closer inspection they smudges don't line up as well as they do with 122. I know what you mean, they dont look like they're lining up either, probably mud and smudges of grease is distorting the size in the original picture. I'd say it's 122.

Now if we only had more pics of our 2 Kompanie Tanks! verwirrt

James

30.05.2008 08:12 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Mario Lippert

712 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Tiger "712"

02.06.2008 20:58 Mario Lippert ist offline Email an Mario Lippert senden Beiträge von Mario Lippert suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Lippert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

1.Kp Unknown Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This pic is in the gallery as unknown 1.Kp

The markings on the front plate match those on pics of #141 already in the gallery

Chris

02.07.2008 16:19 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Yes your right...good find!

02.07.2008 19:32 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Beja additions Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Jon Winwood has posted on Missing Links some new pics of the Tiger graveyard at Beja found on LIFE.

Link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/mes...hotos+from+Beja

Chris.

01.12.2008 11:05 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Looks like the 142s turret before they moved it a little.

James

01.12.2008 20:39 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Paul Boellaard
Gast

Tiger 112? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Two pictures that I can't find in the gallery and seem to be from the same series as the loading of Tiger 112. Not entirely sure if it is 112 though since I can't make out the chalked "12" on the glacis.

25.12.2008 12:33
James Burns
Mitglied

That's the 112 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Yes, those are both photos of 112 loading aboard the Ferry. There are other photos that go with that showing the turret number and serial number.

Merry Christmas!

James

26.12.2008 07:46 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
James Burns
Mitglied

Another turret Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

In that photo of 142s turret, you can see another turret just to the left of the PZIV. This must be what the photographer was standing on when he took photos of the wreckage when facing the other PZIV. The pistol port and part of the turret can be seen in still photos made from video made of scene as well. Not enough to ID turret number but we know know its there.

I think that the Tiger further off the road was from the 2 Kompanie because of bar scene in front of plate to hold spare track and that this Tiger may be 1 Kompanie because no welds can be scene on part of hull extensions and plate we can see. There's another Tiger, the one who's turret shell laying like an inverted horsehoe that we don't know much about yet still.

James

26.12.2008 07:55 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Paul Boellaard
Gast

Thank you for confirming my thoughts about the tiger boarding the ferry indeed being 112 James. And a merry Christmas to you too!

This picture of Tiger 121 is already in the gallery but has a quite large part of it cut away.
This one is more 'complete'

26.12.2008 08:19
Paul Boellaard
Gast

And some more Tiger of 501 from the pile of pictures on the harddrive that aren't in the gallery yet:

This one is definitely a Tiger of 1./sPzAbt 501 though I haven't been able to identify the vehicle number:

This one is probably two Pz VI of 501 though I'm not completely sure:

These two are definitely Tiger 141 from the well known series of it getting it's engine changed in the field. I plucked these off the internet and it looks like someone has scanned them from a book and tried to Photoshop away some text that was printed over the sky. Not exactly 'original' photo's but better than nothing I suppose:

27.12.2008 12:32
James Burns
Mitglied

Thanks for posting, hadn't seen the first one!

James

28.12.2008 08:45 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Ebay.com Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Rather poor pic but a match for a gallery 1.Kp unknown. I have seen #724 suggested for this Tiger, presumably because of the kill rings.

Gallery size

Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/FS88-GIs-ON-DESTROYE...A1%7C240%3A1318

No relationship with seller.

Chris.

08.04.2009 13:19 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Lippert

Again Beja,

the hull of Tiger "823" after it was pushed on the other roadside.

the hull of "833" and the turret of "823" in the foreground.

05.09.2009 14:33 Mario Lippert ist offline Email an Mario Lippert senden Beiträge von Mario Lippert suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Lippert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Danke für die neuen Fotos!

Ich kam gerade an diesem Foto vorbei und stellte fest, dass dies ein 501 Tiger ist.

Es müsste Tiger 142 sein.....

10.09.2009 10:04 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

142 Beja Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Poor reproduction but new to me photo of #142's turret as reference 'P33' on this post at Lonesentry blog.

Link: http://www.lonesentry.com/blog/ and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Chris

06.10.2009 21:54 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Wow! Always figured someone would take a pic of those turrets all over the side of the road. Hopefully more will pop up!

James

21.10.2009 09:55 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

712 at Aberdeen Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Pics from Ebay.com of #712 on test at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, USA.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Germany-Tiger-I-Tank...=item27ace80c53

Chris.

13.11.2009 00:38 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Another shot from Beja, with the kind permission of Stefan de Meyer.

Gallery Size:

Chris.

18.11.2009 15:51 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Slightly Different Photo of #724 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

On the page: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/realistmodele...y/200806220000/

From the well-known series of photos.

24.11.2009 21:27 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winwood
Researcher

Tiger in Background Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

A Tiger is lurking behind the 8-rad armored car. Bundesarchiv photo from "Afrika Korps in Action".

//i47.tinypic.com/2ustuab.jpg

- john
http://www.LoneSentry.com/

25.11.2009 04:59 John Winwood ist offline Email an John Winwood senden Homepage von John Winwood Beiträge von John Winwood suchen Nehmen Sie John Winwood in Ihre Freundesliste auf
James Burns
Mitglied

Jim, I just realized that Eliot Elisofon stood in nearly the same place shortly after this photo was taken!

That Semovente on the left is the same one in the Time Life color photos that can be pulled up on Google. Notice the hatches and markings. Only difference appears to be the radio antenna has been clipped in the color photo.

So one would wonder if this was taken during the battle during which that Tiger met its fate?

James

25.11.2009 19:27 James Burns ist offline Email an James Burns senden Beiträge von James Burns suchen Nehmen Sie James Burns in Ihre Freundesliste auf Füge James Burns in deine Contact-Liste ein YIM Screenname: swathdiver
Seiten (13): [1] 2 3 nächste » ... letzte »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: