Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Spezial » Tiger im Focus » Panzer Instandsetzung KWerk Süd 1944 Sanok » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

Panzer Instandsetzung KWerk Süd 1944 Sanok Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hallo Tiger in Focus members.

I'm living in Sanok from my birth. I've knew about tank repair in my city during II World War. But there were not to much details about it. Thanks to your great forum and some books. there is a little more info about it.

Well I know the name of the compound was:
Panzer Instandsetzung Kraftfahr Werk "Süd" 1944 Sanok

and besides Germans also work there Russian Prisoners of War from: Stalag 325/Z (Polish workers were not allowed to work with tanks)

and that Tigers were repaid from: sPzAbt.503, sPzAbt.505, sPzAbt.507, and the ones that Hungarians train with.

The factory in which Tigers were repairs is still standing like in the times of II World War with only small details that changed.

But do you know maybe some more info about Sanok Repair base ?. Other unit's that could repair their tanks there ? or names of German repairer units ?
Because besides Tigers there are also visible: Panzer IV, Panzer V Panther, Stug IV, Hummel and even maybe Jadgpanzer IV

I would really appreciate help and maybe some more details about my regional history.

Yours Mariusz Augen rollen

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Mariusz Bocoń am 07.06.2011 07:53.

07.06.2011 07:50 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Wow So many answers I m really under impressed Thanks Guys Freude

13.06.2011 09:04 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Some Tigers from s.Pz.Abt 505 that were repaired at Sanok had the Fgst.Nr. 250192, 250649 250891. I really don't know much more than that. What exactly are you looking for?

13.06.2011 09:27 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

Well Anything that would concern SANOK my city. Thank you very much for the Turret numbers

13.06.2011 09:31 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Those are actually chassis numbers, I will look around and see if I can find any other information.

13.06.2011 09:51 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

I think the Instandsetzungswerk in Sanok was more or less in the hand of sPzAbt.503. Most of the Tigers of the other units were handed over to 503 before the arrived in Sanok.

15.06.2011 06:13 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

Yes but on some of the pictures there is visible snow, something like beginning of 1944.
Is it possible that repair units of for example s.Pz.Abt 503 were so far away, hundreds of kilometers behind lines. I thought they were strictly behind lines not so far away from the fighting units ?. I also thought that maybe this repair unit at Sanok was some how independent unit.

Here is what I found lately concerning my city Freude

W. Schneider "Tiger in Combat I"
s.Pz.Abt 503:
17 April 1944
: 2 Tigers are sent to the depot-level repair facility at Sanok. The other Tigers are transported to Nadworna.

s.Pz.Abt 505:
6 June 1944
: A battalion detail picks up 6 repaired Tigers at the armor repair facility at Sanok (40 kilometers southwest of Przemysl).
17 June 1944: 3 additional Tigers from the Sanok repair facility arrive.

17.06.2011 07:36 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Three of the 6 June 1944 Tigers sent to s.Pz.Abt. 505 are the ones that I gave earlier (Fgst.Nr. 250192, 250649 250891) , they were assigned to s.Pz.Abt. 505 from Instandsetzung Sanok.

I do know that Tiger with Fgst.Nr. 250649 was first assigned to s.Pz.Abt. 507 between 23 and 26 Dec 1943.

Tiger with Fgst.Nr. 250891 was first recieved by s.Pz.Abt. 503 on 31 Mar 1944. It is probably one of the Tigers sent to Sanok on 17 Apr 1944 from s.Pz.Abt. 503.

I do not know what unit Tiger with Fgst.Nr. 250192 was originaly assigned to, possibly the second Tiger from s.Pz.Abt. 503 sent to Sanok on 17 Apr 1944.

17.06.2011 10:21 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

WOW what a mess. I always thought that after repairs Tigers were send to their Maternity units. And only were dispatched to other units when their own units were resolved or almost completely destroyed in battle. That's really interesting for Mr. John and Hartmut I send great thanks for help and still waiting for some news or data Augen rollen

Do you know this picture ? Possibly It could be made in Sanok on 2 possible streets of my city. The only thing that I see is early production Tiger with narrow transport tracks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

17.06.2011 10:44 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Glad I could be helpful, if only a little. If I find anything else I will let you know.

17.06.2011 10:53 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Mariusz Bocoń
WOW what a mess. I always thought that after repairs Tigers were send to their Maternity units. And only were dispatched to other units when their own units were resolved or almost completely destroyed in battle. That's really interesting for Mr. John and Hartmut I send great thanks for help and still waiting for some news or data Augen rollen

Do you know this picture ? Possibly It could be made in Sanok on 2 possible streets of my city. The only thing that I see is early production Tiger with narrow transport tracks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That photo is new to me. It shows the Tigers of the 3./503 in Charkow. See here the Orthodox temple in Charkow from the background.

You find a serie of photos from this march in the 503 gallery under Tiger 322.
322 is the second Tiger in your photo in this photo here too:

322 in lead here and then on second position next pic

Btw no Tiger had narrow transport tracks fitted.....

17.06.2011 11:56 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

Well the surrounding buildings at the background of picture didn't seem to feet in my city Sanok. Well but I'm still happy to make your gallery bigger It's my 2 picture of tigers that I could put to this forum collection. And for me they seemed to like like narrow one well I'm not as good as you are Augen rollen

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Mariusz Bocoń am 17.06.2011 12:05.

17.06.2011 12:03 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

321 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Judging by the skirt alignment, the lead tank in Mariusz's picture is probably v.Rosen's mount #321.

Chris.

17.06.2011 12:56 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mariusz Bocoń
Mitglied

The picture at your gallery, showing Tiger with turret number: "333" from sPzAbt.507. Was in the possession of artist living at my city Sanok. Mr. Z. Beksiński (Now at the Historical Musuem in Sanok). He had pictures showing variety of German: Tanks, Assault Guns and Self-Propelled Guns at street of Sanok, including this picture also from his collection. It's hard to find the location of this picture but if 4 of 5 pictures with vehicles are recognizable at streets of Sanok or close to city. So maybe this one could be made close to my city smile

Strange year 1944 and the tank driver seems to have a beret used by German tankers at the very beginning of war ?.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Mariusz Bocoń am 20.06.2011 15:07.

18.06.2011 14:23 Mariusz Bocoń ist offline Email an Mariusz Bocoń senden Homepage von Mariusz Bocoń Beiträge von Mariusz Bocoń suchen Nehmen Sie Mariusz Bocoń in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

This one reminds me of the Charkow series Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello Guys, I have been trying to figure out the unit on this one for a while.

Could it be from the same Charkow series above.I have looked through the 503 gally but can't find a match.Sorry for copy it is a picture of a page from a book. Could not borrow it to scan .
Allen

20.06.2011 23:34 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: