Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.502/511 » a couple of new photos » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Allen Dail
Expert

a couple of new photos Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I just scanned this photo from an old photo copy I had and found these other two pics that matched it.

This photo is from “Great Tank Battles WW II combat diary by Bradford. When I get back to the library that has this I will see if this tank has a visible turret number.
These other two shots are from the web and I can’t remember were exactly.
On the small color photo the tank behind the 1st standing guy on the right , it appears to be a small turret number low and forward 2?? .

Could these be belong to 502.
This photo here is one from a German book that I did not write down the title. the lead tank has a small black 2?? turret number and it may have a hull number 23? but I could just be reading too much into the scruffy whitewash.

The photo was captioned in the Leningrad area.

Last is this pic from the old Squadron Panzer colors and I know its captions are not the best. Is this a 502 tank or does it belong to another unit. I have tried matching in the gallery for all 3 but have struck out.

Allen

19.01.2011 21:00 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Allen,

This is a new photo to me.

It matches a grab posted by Hartmut in the May43 Erganzung thread. The turret number does look to start with a #2, but hull numbers are a 3Kp feature which is a bit confusing

This pic is a grab from a sequence which crops up with the scene of Carius in his cupola, so I'm happy it's 502 too.

A close-up of one of the smokers from 'Critical Past' website

Did you notice the combination of side extension cutout's, rubber-tyred roadwheels, zimmerit, un-reinforced mantlet and (possibly) early tracks?

This photo is new to me too.

Finally, I'm happy that this one is 502 also. Don't have a match for it yet though...

Many thanks for your input,

Chris.

20.01.2011 00:55 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Possible match Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi again Allen,

The 2Kp Tiger being recovered in this gallery pic is a probable match to your winter photo

Chris.

20.01.2011 11:13 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

RE: a couple of new photos Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:

It's an odd Tiger. The cutouts at the hull front don't go with the other features. I suspect it went back for an overhaul, but the original build date was about October.

David

21.01.2011 00:36 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Allen Dail
Expert

RE: a couple of new photos Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail
I just scanned this photo from an old photo copy I had and found these other two pics that matched it.

This photo is from “Great Tank Battles WW II combat diary by Bradford. When I get back to the library that has this I will see if this tank has a visible turret number.
These other two shots are from the web and I can’t remember were exactly.
On the small color photo the tank behind the 1st standing guy on the right , it appears to be a small turret number low and forward 2?? .

Could these be belong to 502.
This photo here is one from a German book that I did not write down the title. the lead tank has a small black 2?? turret number and it may have a hull number 23? but I could just be reading too much into the scruffy whitewash.

The photo was captioned in the Leningrad area.

Last is this pic from the old Squadron Panzer colors and I know its captions are not the best. Is this a 502 tank or does it belong to another unit. I have tried matching in the gallery for all 3 but have struck out.

Allen

A better copy of the first pic here from Ebay posted by Eric Reist on Missing Links Axis History forum. Regards Allen
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=...a%26amp%3Bha...

20.03.2015 23:28 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Christos Athanasiou
Mitglied

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Allen,
I was about to post the same!

Just went through Eric's post, looking at the other Tigers now.

21.03.2015 10:49 Christos Athanasiou ist offline Email an Christos Athanasiou senden Beiträge von Christos Athanasiou suchen Nehmen Sie Christos Athanasiou in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitat:
Original von Allen Dail

Allen

Allen,

Panzer Colours was right on this one. Another photo of the same scene is in Trojca's 2nd volume and lets us identify it as a Befehlstiger. The missing flap matches to the gallery photo of 'I' in Russian hands.

Chris.

06.11.2015 11:12 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: