Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.502/511 » Ergänzung zur Gallerie 502/511 1944/45 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (5): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Hartmut von Holdt
Heres another pic with 212 on the left and 2 on the right....

Interesting pics you found there and they are represent the 2.Komp under Carius around 3/44. Possibly the 12 Tigers mentioned in the "von Strachwitz" group were full strenght of the 2.Komp. at this time.

A mistery to me why theres a Tiger numbered "2"...........

and Tiger 212 was actualy a Befehlswagen.............

I thought the Tiger on the right could be "2"/214.

16.01.2012 07:14 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von David Byrden
I agree completely that this particular "2" became "214". The marks on the bin are a very good match.

Chris, can you give me link to the Smugmug page where you saw the video capture?

I'd like to update the gallery to distinguish between the various "2" tanks. In s.Pz.Abt. 508 there is a similar problem, and you titled those photos by location, but here we can't do that. And not all of the "2" Tigers will have a later number that we can identify.

What do you suggest?

David

Hi David,

quoting Dennis from Missing Links a couple of weeks ago "the Trolls have come out from their holes, getting more grief, decided to take my site off internet for the near future till all this blows away.
Dennis"

I believe he will respond to a private email.

With regards to differentiating between #2's all I can suggest is a note that '2' was used by more than one vehicle and to put separately identified Tigers on a new line with a blank line between each Tiger.

Cheers,

Chris.

16.01.2012 10:29 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:

Sorry, Hartmut, I didn't see that line.

As for the "2" Tiger; it doesn't seem to have a turret track link swung outwards on the left side, so it could not be seen at the same time as the other photos...

David

16.01.2012 22:16 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Zitat:

Sorry, Hartmut, I didn't see that line.

As for the "2" Tiger; it doesn't seem to have a turret track link swung outwards on the left side, so it could not be seen at the same time as the other photos...

David

I saw that these two pics are showing the same Tigers

17.01.2012 07:19 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:

I saw that these two pics are showing the same Tigers

Alas, they are not... this photo apparently shows the same Tigers as the other forest photo, namely 2 and 211. These matches exist and suggest that the tanks have not moved between the photos;

But now the rear tank is 212, not 211, and possibly the front tank has also moved on.

David

17.01.2012 08:47 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Dmitriy Novikov
Respected David.
On the mantlet 217 You are wrong.
Cutout is, it is clearly visible- mantlet early.
Regards, Dmitry.

Dmitry, you are correct.
This is the best copy of the image that I can find, and it really does seem to show a notch; I have measured, and it has the correct height.

Also, no matter how I enhance the photo, I cannot find a shadow from the bulge.

So, I must admit that this tank has the flat mantlet. And, as far as we know, it is the tank of Otto Carius.

I must also admit that I was wrong about the other photo. The "unknown" cannot be 217. It has clips for a shovel on the glacis plate, and 217 does not.

David

20.01.2012 03:47 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Glad I could be useful for You, David.

Regards, Dmitiy.

20.01.2012 18:50 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

RE: Tiger I Nr. 106 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Blondel/Pascal
Front of Memel on January 4th, 1945. Construction of a structure of camouflage.

Origin : Tigres à Leningrad - HS N° 8 - Batailles du XXe siècle

s.Pz.Abt. 502 did not receive any new Tigers after February 1944, according to Ron Klages.

This Tiger has the 40mm roof; witness the offset lock in the loader's hatch.

They should not have received it.

David

10.02.2012 23:56 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Evgeniy Muzalkov
Expert

RE: Tiger I Nr. 106 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
(...)
s.Pz.Abt. 502 did not receive any new Tigers after February 1944, according to Ron Klages.
(...)
David

Nr. 106 > 1 Kp. ?

11.02.2012 09:05 Evgeniy Muzalkov ist offline Email an Evgeniy Muzalkov senden Beiträge von Evgeniy Muzalkov suchen Nehmen Sie Evgeniy Muzalkov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Thank you, Evgeney, that explains the photo.

But we still have the question of why a Late Tiger is without Zimmerit.

David

13.02.2012 01:11 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

W. Schneider :
"16 december 1944: Four TigerI tanks delivered from depot-level maintenance ; two of them are soon transferred to schwere Panzer-Abteilung502."
Zimmerit is likely removed during the repair of the factory.

Regards, Dmitry.

13.02.2012 17:31 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:

Zimmerit is likely removed during the repair of the factory.

Regards, Dmitry.

That seems like a long and pointless task.
Have we evidence of zimmerit being removed?

David

13.02.2012 21:42 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

'late mid' match Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This 'late mid' pic is new for the gallery:

Unfortunately no turret numbers visible, but it is a match for these two from the 'Nicht identifizierte Tiger' section;
(the rear hull set-up and left-side fender damage look quite unique) :

Gallery size:

Grant.

25.03.2012 11:34 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Another match Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Thank you Grant,

This photo which I believe was captioned as 2.Kp entrained for Dunaburg is a match to your new photo.
Source unfortunately unrecalled.

Chris

26.03.2012 23:25 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

RE: Another match Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown

This photo which I believe was captioned as 2.Kp entrained for Dunaburg is a match to your new photo.
Source unfortunately unrecalled.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I did think both pics were from the Kleine/Kühn 'Tiger' book.
But now I can only find the one you posted, in 'Die Sommerschlacht 1944' chapter, captioned as you say.
Now I'm puzzled where the pic I posted came from?

Grant.

27.03.2012 18:37 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

2/Ko. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown

......captioned as 2.Kp entrained for Dunaburg.....

Chris

To me, this looks like the same Obergefreiter standing in front of '211';
If so, 2/Ko. seems a good call:

Grant.

27.03.2012 21:05 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Looks like the same fellow to me.

Chris

28.03.2012 11:23 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Indefinite tiger in the gallery - probably 217 . July 1944.

Regards, Dmitry.

I spent some time staring very closely at these photos and looking for a solid match or mismatch. I found nothing. Both tanks have at least compatible Zimmerit patterns, and as far as I can see, the spacing is the same and slight variations in width appear in both tanks; or, at least, I can't prove that they do not appear.

The most interesting part is this patch on the mantlet where Zimmerit appears to be dislodged. It matches in approximate size and shape; but, after geometrical modification of the photos to bring them together, the patches don't line up exactly.

It's possible that this is due to the "217" mantlet being raised, exposing some of its underneath, which would confuse me when I look for the bottom edge.

What say ye?

David

21.05.2012 14:37 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Hi David,
I noticed they also both have a similar patch (missing zim?) on the bottom right corner of the mantlet:

With the points you refer to above, I would find it hard to believe that they weren't the same turret.

Grant.

21.05.2012 18:59 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Respected Gentlemen.
I think it is one and the same cleavage Zimmerit.
Also, the same damage to the sight device.

Regards, Dmitry.

21.05.2012 19:22 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Thank you, Dmitriy. Of course, you introduced this tank to us.

Now that we know it to be "217", let's think about the fact that these two scenes;

appear adjacent to each other in a German newsreel (at 0:45). Is this the same time and place, and is Otto Carius shown in this very Tiger?

I have studied the foliage in the background behind both the Tiger and Carius, and while I can't match it exactly, it has the same composition; vertical trunks, some near-horizontal branches, and clumps of round leaves.

And the final question that we can entertain ourselves with is; what does the map show?

David

22.05.2012 01:52 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

I have moved the photos of "217" in the gallery.

David

24.05.2012 08:31 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Evgeniy Muzalkov
Expert

Zitat:

Regards, Dmitry.

Äèìà, i see in a photo digit " 2 ", not "7".

24.05.2012 15:11 Evgeniy Muzalkov ist offline Email an Evgeniy Muzalkov senden Beiträge von Evgeniy Muzalkov suchen Nehmen Sie Evgeniy Muzalkov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Åâãåíèé.In the 7 upper right corner to break off.
For the 2, horizontal bottom can be seen in the at all. I think ... smile

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Dmitriy Novikov am 24.05.2012 18:45.

24.05.2012 18:44 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Gabriele Longoni
Mitglied

As Evgeniy said I can see a "2", not a "7". The horizontal bottom of the 2 was probably cancelled: the zimmerit in the area seems chipped.
Gab

26.05.2012 12:30 Gabriele Longoni ist offline Email an Gabriele Longoni senden Beiträge von Gabriele Longoni suchen Nehmen Sie Gabriele Longoni in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Regards, Dmitry.

So this model will have the old mantlet. Thank you, Dmitriy!

David

27.05.2012 15:41 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

I was glad to help , David.

Regards, Dmitry.

27.05.2012 16:51 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Marek Jaszczolt
Mitglied

106 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Sad end of 106?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/ja...ers/502_106.jpg

28.06.2012 21:58 Marek Jaszczolt ist offline Email an Marek Jaszczolt senden Beiträge von Marek Jaszczolt suchen Nehmen Sie Marek Jaszczolt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Thanks Marek, gallery updated.

As this turret has a bracket for smoke pots it is presumably a predecessor of the '106' already in the gallery.

Do you know which publication this is from?

Cheers,

Chris.

28.06.2012 23:06 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Marek Jaszczolt
Mitglied

From Russian Frontline Illustration 5/2003 "Anti tank artillery of Red Army 1941-1945"

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Marek Jaszczolt am 28.06.2012 23:16.

28.06.2012 23:13 Marek Jaszczolt ist offline Email an Marek Jaszczolt senden Beiträge von Marek Jaszczolt suchen Nehmen Sie Marek Jaszczolt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Probably not full of Tiger photos then!

Many thanks,

Chris

29.06.2012 09:18 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

This was posted on Ebay in 2004;

It occurs to me that this gentleman looks like Otto Carius;

and the photo appears to be from the conference that we see in a newsreel;

Comparing this new photo to the various known photos of the scene, we find what seems to be the same man standing on the tank;

and the hatch arm seems to have a dark patch in the same place;

while this appears to be the same dangling branch on the white tree trunk behind the Tiger;

So, I think it's "217" again. What say ye?

Gallery size;

David

26.08.2012 00:14 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Michael Wolf
Expert

Ich konnte das eigentlich bekannte Bild in der Galerie nicht finden?!?!
Aber es paßt doch ein bißchen zum Thema: O. Carius mit Ofeld Zwetti vor dessen (Zwettis) Tiger.

Allerdings ist mir nicht ganz klar, ob es noch 1943 oder erst 1944 entstanden ist.

Zu den Aufnahmen mit ihm selbst schreibt Carius in "Tiger im Schlamm", die Bilder seien unmittelbar nach dem Erfolg von Malinava am 22. Juli 44 - bereits am 24. Juli wird er schwer verwundet und verläßt die Ostfront ...

Gruß Michael

26.08.2012 00:47 Michael Wolf ist offline Email an Michael Wolf senden Beiträge von Michael Wolf suchen Nehmen Sie Michael Wolf in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

217 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:

So, I think it's "217" again. What say ye?

David

I would definitely say yes. This chap is also in both pics:

Grant.

26.08.2012 08:11 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Michael Wolf
Expert

Die Personennamen stammen auch aus Carius' Buch ... der Mann im Hintergrund wird nicht genannt. Ganz links in der unteren Bildecke sieht man die Schnappsflasche auf dem Turmdach stehen. Carius schreibt, er hätte immer eine Flasche neben sich im Turm in der Halterung für die Sprengpatrone dabei gehabt ...

Gruß Michael

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Michael Wolf am 26.08.2012 10:27.

26.08.2012 10:26 Michael Wolf ist offline Email an Michael Wolf senden Beiträge von Michael Wolf suchen Nehmen Sie Michael Wolf in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Yes, and that statement about the Sprengpatrone is puzzling.

I have some information about equipment storage in the Tiger, and I am not aware of any dedicated location for the Sprengpatrone in the turret. But it is stated that it had no dedicated holder, and was kept in a box under the floor.

The gun was immediately to the commander's right, and on the wall behind it, there was storage for glass blocks.

I'm wary of trusting Carius' memory without verification. In "Tigers in the Mud" (page 197, English edition) he states that the S-mines were on the turret. Since he was the man responsible for firing them, he should know better.

Looking in the Mid Tiger, I can see only 1 holder that approximately matches the description and could hold a bottle. It's a holder for a gasmask canister, and it's located behind and to the right of the commander's seat.

David

26.08.2012 11:52 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Michael Wolf
Expert

In der weiteren Sequenz vom Carius-Tiger steht ein zweiter Tiger ... vermutlich der von Fw. Kerscher #213 ... und mit SEHR VIEL GUTEM WILLEN kann man die "2" und vielleicht noch die "1" erkennen.

Sequenz aus Wochenschau Nr. 726_1944-08-03 ... im Netz habe ich nur Video in mäßiger Qualität gefunden - kennt jemand den entsprechenden HD-Clip? Da kommt man vielleicht weiter.

Michael

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Michael Wolf am 26.08.2012 19:07.

26.08.2012 15:17 Michael Wolf ist offline Email an Michael Wolf senden Beiträge von Michael Wolf suchen Nehmen Sie Michael Wolf in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

The clip is in a newsreel at Critical Past.

These closeups are from the 6 relevant samples posted there.

David

26.08.2012 18:50 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Michael Wolf
Expert

Thanks David - what do you think? For me the "2" is good, but the second is that "1"???

Michael

26.08.2012 19:10 Michael Wolf ist offline Email an Michael Wolf senden Beiträge von Michael Wolf suchen Nehmen Sie Michael Wolf in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitat:
Original von Michael Wolf
Thanks David - what do you think? For me the "2" is good, but the second is that "1"???

Michael

It looks to me like Tiger 210,

but I can't offer any evidence except that the lines of Zimmerit in the "2" seem to match up.

David

26.08.2012 21:37 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (5): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 [4] 5 nächste »  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: