Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.507 » Tiger II markings » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Kristoffer Nilsson

Tiger II markings Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello all :-)
This is copied from my own posting at Missing Lynx:

"Let's see if someone sits on this valuable info?

My question is following;

Did all of the Tiger II's recieve turret numbers?
From what I can see on avaible photos it is not certain, for example the Tiger with 18 teeth drive sprocket, being pushed into a ditch by an american dozer seems to lack numbers, but has the balkenkreutz.

Others have it though for example the 121 and the famous one in Osterode, the 402.
Looking at those two it also seems that Abteilung 507 changes from white numbers with black outline to black numbers with white outlines sometime during 1945, but keeps the larger "first" digit.
Any more info on that would be great!

The books I have avaible that covers the unit in one way or another is:
Tigers at the front by Jentz, photos on page 195 and 198-199.
Tigers in combat 1 with one picture of the Osterode Tiger
And The Combat History of s.Pz.abt.507 with illustrations on various tanks from 2nd and 3rd companys.

That's about it so if anyone have nice clear photos on tanks of the 3rd company laying around, please let them see the light of the Internet."

Many thanks,
Kris from Sweden

05.12.2014 18:41 Kristoffer Nilsson ist offline Email an Kristoffer Nilsson senden Beiträge von Kristoffer Nilsson suchen Nehmen Sie Kristoffer Nilsson in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Oliver Nephuth
Mitglied

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I guess the mayor problem, beside the lack of photos, is to identify a 507 tank from another unit. Accoring to local sources a few "Königstiger" were sent into the area near Bad Karlshafen, for the defense of the Weser River, weeks before this became a battlefront for the 507. And the distance between confirmed 3/510 losses and confirmed 507 losses are in some cases only 20km or even less. Can we really be sure that this is a 507 or a 510 Tiger, just because of the type of sprocket and type of tracks? The location is Kloster Wiebrechtshausen, near Northeim, so it could have been lost after 510 and 507 survivors met and (maybe) were put under one command.

As far as I know only one 1st Company tank and one 4th company tank have been identified, according to their turret number. I think we have to remember that a few years ago it was not even known that a 4th Company did exist at all and that a second 1st Company had been equipt with tanks, while the original 1st Company was still travelling by rail and without tanks from the eastern front to Sennelager. Therefore I would not be surprised if we never will find a picture showing a 507 Tiger II from 2nd and 3rd Company with a turret number, and only the new two Companies (1st and 4th) received a turret number.

Oliver

06.12.2014 13:25 Oliver Nephuth ist offline Email an Oliver Nephuth senden Beiträge von Oliver Nephuth suchen Nehmen Sie Oliver Nephuth in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Kristoffer Nilsson

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Oliver,

What you are describing seems very likely, so I'll go for that.
I guess I could use a balkenkreutz without turret numbers anyway on my model, tough decisions ;-)

Again many thanks for taking your time with my query.

All the best,
Kris

06.12.2014 13:44 Kristoffer Nilsson ist offline Email an Kristoffer Nilsson senden Beiträge von Kristoffer Nilsson suchen Nehmen Sie Kristoffer Nilsson in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: