Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Spezial » Tiger im Focus » Bergepanzers » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Mario Raspagliosi
Mitglied

Bergepanzers Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi to all,
I'm new on this forum.
I'm most interested in recovery vehicles, inspired by the wonderfull Repairingthe Panzers and Der Strabokran, and in the North African and Italian Campaigns.
Seems like that the armored recovery vehicles assigned (at least on paper) to the maintenance companies, so bergepanthers & bergepanzer III, were seldom photographed, at least in comparison with the number produced.
I'm working on a photofile of the bergepanzer photos published which I know and any help is welcomed.
I'm also wroking on a list of the recovery vehicles assigned to German units in Italy, so:
- s.Pz.Abt. 504 bergepanthers & beutepanzer - only one photo known of a captured Sherman tank used as a recovery vehicle in Sicily.
Source: Tigers in Combat Volume 1 by Wolfgang Schneider pag. 208
- s.Pz.Abt. 508 bergepanthers & beutepanzer - only one photo known of a captured Sherman tank used as a recovery vehicle.
Source: Tigers in Combat Volume 1 by Wolfgang Schneider pag. 336.
-I./Pz.Rgt.4 (renamed I./Panzer-Regiment 26 on 12 February 1945) bergepanthers - one photo know. Sources: in Panzerwrecks 9 by Lee Archer & Bill Auerbach pag. 57 and Spring 1945 on the Italian front by Marco Belogi and Daniele Guglielmi pag. 296.
- 1.Kp/s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 653 one berge elefant - two photos known.
Source: The Combat History of Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung 653 by Carlheinz Munch, pag. 209.
Any other photos known?
Cheers
Mario

14.12.2011 16:55 Mario Raspagliosi ist offline Email an Mario Raspagliosi senden Beiträge von Mario Raspagliosi suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Raspagliosi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

So you are only looking for published photos? Or are you looking for any photos of recovery vehicles. Do they only have to belong to units issued Tigers or any unit.
I would love to help you as I do have a number of photos of recovery vehicles I have collected from the net over the years.

Just to start you off here are two photos of a Bergepanther used by s.Pz.Abt. 504 in Italy (at least the is the info that I have)

and here are a couple used by s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 653 I am not sure of the locations. Sorry I do not have larger versions.

Bergepanther

Bergepanzer Tiger (P)

15.12.2011 01:09 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I also have this from the Kriegstagebuch des Panzer-Armeeoberkommando 5, I. Teil, 2.Ausfertigung (Anlagen). It is cut from the Nachtrag zur Tagesmeldung 28.7.44 (Panzergruppe West, Abt. Ia Nr.633/44 g.Kdos.v. 29.7.44), this is while s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101 was located in France.

E stands for Tiger
D stands for Panther
S stands for vehicles in short term repair

The s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101 lines reads like this:

s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101: 20 Tiger, 1 Panther (Berge), short term repair - 4 Tiger.

15.12.2011 01:29 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Raspagliosi
Mitglied

Hi John,
thanks for the answer.
Your help is much appreciated!
I was quite unclear in my post, but my gathering is still a work in progeress.
I'm recording a photofile of the bergepanthers photos I know from books and I project to add also the ones I have from know and unknown web sources.
I'm doing the same for bergepanzers III and berge elefant.
I will categorize them also for unit when possible.

Many thanks for the photos of the bergepanther in Italy, with them I tripled my BP photos from Italian theater; do you have others? How do you identify it?

For the second BP I have to check.

The Bergepanzer Tiger (P) photo you posted is one of the two that remained on the Eastern Front with the 2nd and 3rd Compaines of the s.Pz.Jg.Abt.563.

I can send you the digital photos I have up to now and my list, just to begin!

Cheers

Mario

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Mario Raspagliosi am 15.12.2011 15:57.

15.12.2011 15:57 Mario Raspagliosi ist offline Email an Mario Raspagliosi senden Beiträge von Mario Raspagliosi suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Raspagliosi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

I would be happy to see your list and photos. You may have some that I do not have. Are you also looking into other Bergepanzers such as the Bergepanzer 38(t)?

You can send them to me at isuxors(at)hotmail.com

15.12.2011 17:45 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Raspagliosi
Mitglied

This is the list up to now;
still missing from my books:
Panzerwrecks, Concord Publications books, Repairing the Panzer Volume 1 and 2.

BERGEPANZERS
T. Haasler; “Hold the Westwall or die trying: History of the Panzer Brigade 105” - pag.18 Bergepanther
D. Guglielmi; Mezzi Corazzati Speciale 03 “La campagna d'Italia vista dai Tedeschi 1943-45” - pag. 51 Sherman captured from 756th US Tank Battalion used later by s.Pz.Abt. 508 without turret
M. Solár, P. Dolezal and V. Kos; “AFV Photo Album vol.1” pag.50 Bergepanzer III (Pz.Div.6), pag. 150 Bergepanther (?), 154 Bergepanther with 3,7cm Flak 37 – two photos (s.Pz.Abt.503 FHH), pag.157 Bergepanther
D. Guglielmi and M. Belogi; “Spring 1945 on the Italian Front” – pag. 296 Bergepanther *1 (I./26 Pz.Rgt.)
K. Much; “Combat History of the 654th Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung” – pag. 490 Bergepanther, pag. 563 Bergepanther
S. Di Giusto; “Panzer Sicherungs-Kompanien and Panzer-Abteilung 208 - I. / Panzer-Regiment Feldherrnhalle” - pag. 223 Bergepanzer III – two photos (I./Pz.Rgt. FHH)
K. Much; “Combat History of the 653th Schwere Panzerjager Abteilung” – pag. 132 Bergepanther – two photos, pag. 145 Bergepanther, pag. 246 Bergepanther
W. Schneider ; “Tigers in combat vol.1” – pag.208 Sherman captured by s.Pz.Abt. 504, pag.336 Sherman captured s.Pz.Abt. 508, pag. 367 Bergepanther s.Pz.Abt. 509
T. Anderson; “Auriga History Photofile 1 Panther” – pag. 54 Bergepanther – two photos
T. L. Jentz and H. Doyle; Panzer Tracts 16 – Bergepanzers” – pag. 22 BP, pag. 26 BP – two photos, p.27 BP – Two photos, pag. 29 BP – two photos, pag. 32 BP – two photos (s.Pz.Jg.Abt. 512)
T. L. Jentz and H. Doyle; “New Vanguard 22 - Panther Variants 1942-1945” – pag. 12 BP, pag. 13 BP, pag. 14 BP, pag. 15 BP,

Cheers
Mario

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Mario Raspagliosi am 16.12.2011 13:21.

16.12.2011 13:20 Mario Raspagliosi ist offline Email an Mario Raspagliosi senden Beiträge von Mario Raspagliosi suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Raspagliosi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
John Winner
Expert

I noticed your list does not include: Walter J. Spielberger, Panther and it's Variants, it has a good section on Bergepanthers.

I tried to send you a reply, but the other e-mail address did not work. Could you send me an e-mail from the one that you use?

16.12.2011 14:03 John Winner ist offline Email an John Winner senden Beiträge von John Winner suchen Nehmen Sie John Winner in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Mario Raspagliosi
Mitglied

Hi John
my email is m.raspagliosi(at)katamail.com, but today seems not working also for me!
I don't included that book just because I don't have it, i only bought the newer edition of Spielberger books (white cover).
Cheers
Mario

16.12.2011 18:13 Mario Raspagliosi ist offline Email an Mario Raspagliosi senden Beiträge von Mario Raspagliosi suchen Nehmen Sie Mario Raspagliosi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

different wheels Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi,

Tiger found in August 1944 after Anzio breakout on road to Cori.

Tank halfway down a steep bank had steel wheels one side , wheels with rubber tyres on the other.

Can anyone identify this Tiger.

Cheers, Simon.

07.07.2013 12:12
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi Simon,

A Tiger in the area around Cori must be from s.Pz.Abt.508. 3./508 lost several Tigers in that area, but the timeframe would be a few months earlier than August 1944.

As to identifying the individual vehicle, I do not recognise the description of a Tiger with steel wheels one side and rubber tyres on the other. Do you have any pics you can share / identify from the gallery?

Cheers,

Chris.

07.07.2013 13:33 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

different wheels Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Chris,

I was hoping someone might have photo [s], hence my query, sorry.

The report was said to be August, so action prior to that.

I have not heard of complete sides in different wheels. Again, the reason for my query as I would think it a notable variation.

Regards, Simon.

07.07.2013 15:48

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: