Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.503 FHH » Ergänzung zur Gallerie Panzerregiment Bäke/503 bis Mai 1944 » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (2): « vorherige 1 [2] Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Allen Dail
Expert

RE: Befehlstiger Bäke Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von Grant Hall
A pic from the excellent "Erinnerungen an de Tigerabteilung 503".
A 503/Pz Reg Bäke Befehlstiger:

It looks to be a different Tiger to "I":

The barrel whitewash being the most obvious difference.
On the new pic there's a thick un-whitewashed ring where (probably) the barrel has sat in the travel lock:

..and on "I" it's not there:

Gallerysize:

Grant.

Could the Tiger number II in this pic

be this command Tiger with black smudge on barrel in Grants post above?
Allen

19.07.2012 23:15 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Allen,
This is a very nice photo, and important I think, because it actually shows 2 Befehlstigers.
If you look closely at the half hidden tiger you can see it has a roof antenna and you can just make out the star antenna:

Also it looks to be match for this Tiger:

Again you can see it has a forward bending roof antenna behind the fully opened loaders hatch (same as the Tiger in your pic and the pic we already have of 'I')..
..and the star antenna can just be seen (inline with and behind the Panther antenna).

Again, a great pic. It could well be 'I' and 'II' together.
Thanks for sharing,

Grant.

20.07.2012 01:31 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

If that is a Befehls, than it dosn´t match this one.

This seems a standard Tiger on the left of the second pic.

Probably the tanks were moved between the shots. I too think we see Staff Tiger I and II in Allen´s pic.

20.07.2012 07:22 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Hi Hartmut,
As you say not the same Tiger in the second pic.
It's difficult to tell the exact camera angles or as you say, if the Tigers have moved between shots. Plus the Tigers look to be staggered about and not parked in a straight line.

A closer look at this one, definitely a Befehlstiger:

As usual with Tiger pics, there's someone sat in front of the turret number.. smile

Don't know if it's enough for an ID? But the Fahrer is wearing the same headgear as in this pic of 'I':

Gallery size if you decide to add it:

----------------------------------------------

No new ID but I always thought these photos were taken at the same scene. I think it's the same panzerman in both pics.
Trouser braces under the epilettes and the cap piping:

----------------------------------------------

If you're busy with the 'Bäke' gallery at the moment? There are these Unidentified Tigers that might be worth adding.
This one, I think?, was originally the back cover photo on the hardback edition of the 'Combat History...503' :

..and this well known pic. The Panther's features look to match those of Bäke's:

Gallery size:

Grant.

20.07.2012 16:21 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

No, not busy with Bäke.....

20.07.2012 19:42 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Grant,

Don't have the original hardback copy of 'Combat History...503' but this photo is also on the cover of Alfred Rubbel's book 'Schwere Panzer (Tiger) Abteilung 503'. It is captioned as being taken in the Workshop Company at Smerinka in December 1943.

Will add both to the gallery.

Thanks,

Chris.

22.07.2012 09:55 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Martin Bogaert
Mitglied

Gruppe Bäke at Lyssyanka Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello!

Just encountered this picture of Tigers belonging to the "Gruppe Bäke" in a private album belonging to an escapee from the Korsun Pocket encirclement.

As I studied this battle for many years and being a multilingual guide (had already several visits and groups to the Korsun area), I know the terrain very well.

The tigers in this picture belonged to the "Gruppe Bäke" and are here pictured in the outskirts (I guess in 'Oktyabr' - the North-Eastern part of Lyssyanka - closest to their battle positions on Hill 239). Gruppe Bäke also used Pz.V (Panther) and there are also pictures of these Pz.V in the album. Any interest?

Martin

08.08.2012 20:08 Martin Bogaert ist offline Email an Martin Bogaert senden Homepage von Martin Bogaert Beiträge von Martin Bogaert suchen Nehmen Sie Martin Bogaert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Hi Martin,
A great photo. Thanks for sharing and also for the Potash photo.
A cut copy of this same photo can be found in the 'Tiger zuordern' 'Unidentified Tiger I' thread.
I believe it came from ebay quite a while ago, this copy:

Great to finally know they are 'Bäke' Tigers, and also to have a location.

I for one would be very interested in seeing any 'Bäke' Panther photos.

Grant.

08.08.2012 21:55 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Martin Bogaert
Mitglied

Hi Grant!

Is it appropriate to post the "Gruppe Bäke" Panthers here? Or is there another Forum or Discussion Group for them?

Martin

08.08.2012 22:02 Martin Bogaert ist offline Email an Martin Bogaert senden Homepage von Martin Bogaert Beiträge von Martin Bogaert suchen Nehmen Sie Martin Bogaert in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi Martin,

thanks for the confirmation that these are Bäke Tigers. The gallery has been updated with this and the Potasch photo.

I too would be interested in more information on the Panthers and have created a new thread in the 503 section for the purpose.

Link:
http://www.tiif.de/thread.php?threadid=563&sid=

Regards,

Chris.

08.08.2012 23:19 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

It is possible that these are Bäke Tigers. But what exactly confirms that they are?
Was Bäke the only unit with Tigers in that area?

15.08.2012 19:13 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

I am sorry but i am not convinced that these are Bäke Tigers.

It isn´t easy to differentiate 503 and 506 Tigers in that time frame, but personly i tend to 506 Tigers here.

I made the Bäke gallery and if i should update it with this photo, i wouldn´t do this jet. We need a proof that these are Bäke Tiger but not 506 Tigers.

Both units were in Lissjanka at the same time.

21.08.2012 13:15 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hartmut,

506 numbers were on the forward turret side and would be visible here, but no trace of turret numbers can be seen on these three Tigers. In contrast 503 numbers were on the middle of the turret side and would be hidden when track links were stowed (as here).

The absence of visible numbers should support an identification of 503.

Chris.

21.08.2012 14:15 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Not seeing a turret number on a blurry photo means nothing. We have experience with that.(I btw know where 506 had his turret number painted)

506 get their early mid productions earlier then 503 and so it is not unusual to see a single headlight on the early position(hull roof), in fact many 506 Tiger show that. Did you have seen any confirmed Bäke Tiger who had not allready the single headlight on the front plate?

The Tigers in this pic are showing the headlight in the old position.

Another point is the missing front outer wheel on the Tigers. This well known technic we see on several 506 Tigers, but it is not known on Bäke Tigers.

Many Bäke Tigers had the turret spare tracks not in place because of the turret number painted there. These Tigers here had them all in place.

21.08.2012 14:21 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hartmut,

Not all copies of this photo are so blurry. I am fairly confident these three do not show a number.

You may be on to something with the issue date. I do not know any confirmed photos of "Bäke Tigers" with single headlamp on the hull roof, but that does not preclude a 503 survivor from the summer. The book 'Tiger Project vol.2' captions 503 Tigers entrained at Sanok in March 1944 with the single headlamp in the early position.

Leaving off the front outer road wheel is indeed a common practice in 506, but is not unknown on 503. mids. Examples include 232, 301 and 311

Chris.

21.08.2012 18:52 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Hartmut von Holdt
Administrator

Zitat:
Original von Chris Brown
Hartmut,

Leaving off the front outer road wheel is indeed a common practice in 506, but is not unknown on 503. mids. Examples include 232, 301 and 311

Chris.

Your examples were wrecks(more or less)....or if you meant that mysterious 311 with the number on the forward turret side?, well, that is not a confirmed Bäke Tiger(at least to me).

I am not believe that we found any potentional exceptions that Bäke Tigers could have in one single photo.

21.08.2012 19:04 Hartmut von Holdt ist offline Email an Hartmut von Holdt senden Homepage von Hartmut von Holdt Beiträge von Hartmut von Holdt suchen Nehmen Sie Hartmut von Holdt in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Photo Horst Kronke. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Horst Krönke served in the sPzAbt 503 with January 44 to June 44.In the 1 CO.
At the Workshop Company of sPzAbt 503, January 1944, Schmerinka.

Tiger of 1Co. by Winniza from january 20-31.Photo Horst K.

more Tiger 311

The crew of Tiger 100; WernerGrasse, Fahrer; Franz-Wilhelm Lochmann,Funker;Herbert Ritscher,Ladeschutze; and Heinz Mundry,Richtschutze, as photographed by their Panzerkommandant Horst Krönke.Blondel/Pascal gave one photo above.

First Sherman of Horst Krönke.

By the book:"Horst Krönke-schwere panzer(Tiger) abteilung 505". The Tiger Project.

Regards, Dmitriy.

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von Dmitriy Novikov am 25.10.2012 17:21.

25.10.2012 17:18 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Many thanks Dmitriy,

some nice photos here.

Chris

25.10.2012 19:58 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

No Tigers I'm afraid, but an interesting photo of Dr.Bäke that I'd not seen before.
At the 'Kommandeur' post?

Grant.

19.01.2013 19:23 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

III not II Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

We have this one in the gallery as 'II' but in close-up from an ebay.de photo looks more like 'III' than 'II.

Chris.

05.05.2013 23:12 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Grant Hall †

Hi Chris,
I think you're right, it does look like 'III'. It's a much better copy than the one in the Werner Haupt book.

That would mean this other one is also 'III' then?

Grant.

06.05.2013 00:00 Grant Hall † ist offline Email an Grant Hall † senden Beiträge von Grant Hall † suchen Nehmen Sie Grant Hall † in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Hi Grant,

We can be happy this is not 'I' and know that 'III' was in the same area, so this probably is 'III', but if there was a 'II' about that would have to be a possibility.

I'm a bit wary of sticking my neck out this morning!

Chris.

06.05.2013 10:12 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

503? Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Currently on ebay.de. Camo pattern and track link stowage could make this 503. Any thoughts?

Link:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Panzer-Bergepanth...=item27e0c26c23

Chris.

No connection with the seller.

23.03.2014 13:34 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

100 + 125 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

From tigerscorner.ru, identified by Dmitriy.

125 + others

Chris.

Link:
http://www.tigerscorner.ru/index.php?topic=42.4260
at the bottom of p.285

03.05.2017 00:36 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Dmitriy Novikov
Expert

Tiger 113 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Tank Tiger of tank Panther (811 from II/PzRg23) in tow.
District of the city of Uman.

Regards, Dmitriy.

21.05.2017 16:43 Dmitriy Novikov ist offline Email an Dmitriy Novikov senden Homepage von Dmitriy Novikov Beiträge von Dmitriy Novikov suchen Nehmen Sie Dmitriy Novikov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Great spot.

Many thanks,

Chris.

21.05.2017 23:06 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Evgeniy Muzalkov
Expert

18.03.2018 22:03 Evgeniy Muzalkov ist offline Email an Evgeniy Muzalkov senden Beiträge von Evgeniy Muzalkov suchen Nehmen Sie Evgeniy Muzalkov in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Nice find Evgeniy.

Added to gallery.

Chris.

19.03.2018 00:19 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Seiten (2): « vorherige 1 [2]  
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: