Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.504 » A new pic of unknown 1/504 tunisia » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Allen Dail
Expert

A new pic of unknown 1/504 tunisia Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

http://i36.tinypic.com/xdsdav.jpg

New pic of this 1/504 unkown at axis history forum . Captioned as being Fochville. 11 post down in this thread. posted by Luftflotte2

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.p...67341&start=660

Front view
http://forum.axishistory.com/download/file.php?id=390315&t=1

Side view
http://forum.axishistory.com/download/fi...90313&mode=view

Regards Allen

20.11.2016 05:28 Allen Dail ist offline Email an Allen Dail senden Beiträge von Allen Dail suchen Nehmen Sie Allen Dail in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Super photos, thanks for sharing them here.

Any thoughts as to the turret number? It's tempting to think there's a '142' visible, but the photo we have of '142' does not show the small box on the left side of the turret bin.

Chris

20.11.2016 18:37 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Looks like 114 or more likely 134 to me.

20.11.2016 19:00 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Both numbers assigned to PzIII's per Schneider, but doesn't mean you're not correct. We now know he was wrong to have '02' listed as a Tiger.

Chris.

20.11.2016 20:12 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

I could enhance the original photo of the side, but it was posted here with a large "TIIF" over the number...

David

20.11.2016 20:39 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

HTH

Chris

20.11.2016 21:15 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Thank you!

So, I've calculated the height of the digits and I've blocked them off exactly in both photos.

Now it looks like 114.

David

20.11.2016 22:18 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

TIGER 131 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

So you ' ve all read the pdf that states this tank was captured in a different location and on a different date to that stated publicly up to this date.

Would be very interested to hear the views of our Tiger experts.

Regards, SF.

06.12.2016 12:58
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

What pdf?

Chris.

07.12.2016 00:16 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Chris; it's linked from my "Tiger 131 gets captured" event.

David

07.12.2016 08:09 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Federico Peyrani

Hi to all,

as far as I can find googling around, Fochville was in the southern outskirts of Tunis, and there was an airfield there.

My sources are also:
"These attacks were synchronized with assaults upon the surviving Axis airdromes in Tunisia itself Megrine at Fochville on the outskirts of Tunis and Oudna, south of Tunis"
Source:
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/57738553/

From a report of the 504, Seidensticker was wounded in an airport south of Tunis, so it look like that the operational area is matching.

Also, Hautmann says that:
"Anschliessend Absetzbewegung ,Richtung Tunis. Dort erfolgt Unterstellung bei einer Fla-Einheit und Sicherung der Strasse nach Tunis an den südlich gelegenen Salzseen."

Regards

Federico

07.12.2016 11:44 Federico Peyrani ist offline Email an Federico Peyrani senden Homepage von Federico Peyrani Beiträge von Federico Peyrani suchen Nehmen Sie Federico Peyrani in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

RE: TIGER 131 Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Zitat:
Original von simon fuller
So you ' ve all read the pdf that states this tank was captured in a different location and on a different date to that stated publicly up to this date.

Would be very interested to hear the views of our Tiger experts.

Regards, SF.

Looks to me that David has done his usual superb work in tying down the location from the photographic evidence, which dovetails nicely with the new documentary evidence. I'm happy that this research has established the correct version of events.

Chris.

07.12.2016 23:48 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

Assumptions Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Is no-one at all concerned that there are various instances of assumptions, rather than facts within this text.

Even the author admits to several himself.

Surely, before rewriting longstanding 'historical knowledge' there needs to be further investigation and discussion.

As I said to David, with this kind of information, the long-term delay in writing this pdf and the timing of publication [ when there are no longer actual witnesses alive ] in themselves makes me very suspicious.

Personally, until such time as further research is undertaken by others , I remain unconvinced.

SF.

08.12.2016 10:11
Federico Peyrani

I really appreciate David's work, he is very good in it, pinpointing pictures gives more info about historcal facts and help to deepen the research!

Federico

08.12.2016 10:58 Federico Peyrani ist offline Email an Federico Peyrani senden Homepage von Federico Peyrani Beiträge von Federico Peyrani suchen Nehmen Sie Federico Peyrani in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

ASSUMPTIONS Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

As I have already said to David, I am not questioning his comments, nor am I criticising the author of this new pdf.

I do however stand by my own need to be convinced by it's author, particularly as he himself states he has made assumptions and there is now no way of agreeing, or disproving some of this information.

Never 'assume' anything, or take anything 'for granted'.

As Bovington are looking into this, hopefully they will discuss it with the pdf's author and provide us all with some kind of definitive answer before next Tiger Day, as their lectures describe these events.

incidently Federico, what news on your next 2/504th publication.

Regards, SF.

09.12.2016 11:07
David Byrden

Simon;

Why do you say that Bovington are "Looking into this"?

David

09.12.2016 14:22 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
simon fuller
Gast

Assumptions Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I contacted Bovington [ archives ] and Dale, the pdf author myself.

Received responses from both and the museum said they want to look at ALL the evidence in detail and THEN give their views .

I had asked them for their views on this 'revised' version of the capture of 131, particularly since the lectures they give in April tell a 'history' , which includes battles, units, dates, locations.

It seems to me, as I have said to both parties, the best process, once Bov' have reviewed 'evidence' is that they all discuss this further.

SF.

10.12.2016 10:27
SIMON FULLER

Updates Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Anyone heard anything more on this.

SF.

22.02.2017 16:33 SIMON FULLER ist offline Email an SIMON FULLER senden Beiträge von SIMON FULLER suchen Nehmen Sie SIMON FULLER in Ihre Freundesliste auf
SIMON FULLER

Good to hear. Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi.

After liaising with Dale for some time now it is great to see that he and Bovington have been able to agree on changes to the previously understood details of 131' s capture.

Hopefully I can chat to Dale whilst he is at the museum to see the Tiger running.

S.

15.09.2017 14:58 SIMON FULLER ist offline Email an SIMON FULLER senden Beiträge von SIMON FULLER suchen Nehmen Sie SIMON FULLER in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: