Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

Tiger im Focus » Tiger-Abteilungen Heer » sPzAbt.503 FHH » Stab Kompanie Tigers » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Stab Kompanie Tigers Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Gallery photos of Stab Tigers numbered ‘I’, ’II’ and ‘III’ all show star aerials mounted, but not on the left side of the engine deck.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/656750...ian-tanks_Oryol

Starting around 1’09” in the linked video is a well-known Tiger in action sequence. Stills from Criticalpast.com show a turret cross, a star aerial on the left side (with arms flattened), and a turret number which looks like ‘I’. The front right flap outer panel is bent down, matching gallery photos of ‘I’ in summer 1943.

Confirming the switch of at least one Stab Tiger’s star aerial to the left deck mount, starting around 1’45” in the same video we see a Tiger commander liaising with an infantry Oberleutnant.

The commander matches this photo of Hauptmann Clemens Graf Kageneck from the Combat History of 503. Kageneck was 503’s commander from June 1943 into 1944; we would expect him to ride Tiger ’I’.

Grabs and stills from the video show an aerial on the left side (smoke pots pointing forwards), with the joint where the arms of a star aerial would meet the antenna rod.

This Bundesarchiv photo of a Heer Tiger is by correspondent Lohse and dated August 1943. The Bundesarchiv has one more Tiger photo from Lohse online, showing 3./503 and dated 13th August. Behind the driver's lid are two arms of a star aerial mounted on the Tiger’s left side.

Is this another view of Tiger ’I’ or of another of the Stabs Tigers?

This gallery photo of ‘II’ might have a matching impact beside the driver’s visor, though the star aerial is mounted on the right.

Any thoughts?

Chris

11.01.2012 15:52 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
David Byrden

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I don't think it matters much which side the antenna is on. The right side trunking in the tank was rated for 30W, meaning you could transmit better from it; but as far as I know, it would be trivial to switch that radio connection to the left side. Both antenna leads terminated together immediately behind the hull radio sets.

David

11.01.2012 17:18 David Byrden ist offline Email an David Byrden senden Homepage von David Byrden Beiträge von David Byrden suchen Nehmen Sie David Byrden in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Thanks David.

So all three Stab Tigers could have had the star aerial on the left deck mount at some stage, making 'II' a likely candidate.

Cheers,

Chris.

12.01.2012 15:49 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Chris Brown
Super Moderator

As David's 'African Tiger' thread has diverted in to other areas, I thought I'd continue discussion on this vehicle under the 503 banner.

This possible initial 'I' photo I noted as being described as taken on 04AUG43 in Charkow. Note the patch of dark camo and light area beside the crewman's knee.

They seem to match this unknown 503 Befehlstiger from higher up this thread, a photo also from August 1943. I think we are looking at the same Tiger.

Is the suggestion that this could be 'II' still valid?

Chris.

31.12.2015 19:55 Chris Brown ist offline Email an Chris Brown senden Beiträge von Chris Brown suchen Nehmen Sie Chris Brown in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: